The Websites are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Websites, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with AAPM&R and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Websites.
3. ACCESSING THE WEBSITES AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
We reserve the right to withdraw or revise the Websites, and any service or material We provide on the Websites, in Our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Websites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, We may restrict access to some parts of the Websites, or the entire Websites, to users, including AAPM&R members.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Websites.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Websites or portions of the Websites using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify Us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Websites and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) are owned by AAPM&R, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing, viewing and/or listening to those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Websites for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If We provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use provided you agree to be bound by Our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If We provide social media features (e.g., https://www.facebook.com/aapmrinfo, and https://twitter.com/AAPMR) with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Websites.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials obtained through the Websites.
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Websites or any services or materials available through the Websites.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Websites, other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation name, the terms, “AAPM&R,” “Academe,” “Me”, “PM&R Knowledge NOW,” “Physicians Adding Quality to Life,” and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of AAPM&R. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of AAPM&R. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Websites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
6. PROHIBITED USES
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate AAPM&R, an AAPM&R employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Websites or which, as determined by Us, may harm AAPM&R or users of the Websites or expose them to liability.
- To collect information about other users of the Websites.
- For commercial or self-promotion purposes including, but not limited to, market research (e.g., user polls and surveys); advertising goods, services, events, or positions; job hunting; or other commercial or self-promotion purposes without the prior written consent of AAPM&R.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Websites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Websites or interfere with any other party’s use of the Websites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Websites.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Websites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Websites.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Websites or for any other unauthorized purpose without Our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Websites.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Websites, the servers on which the Websites are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Websites.
- Attack the Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites.
7. USER CONTRIBUTIONS
The Websites may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contribution(s)”) on or through the Websites.
You must think before you post User Contributions. All areas of the Websites in which User Contributions are posted should be considered public and not confidential, even if such areas are limited to AAPM&R members. Once you post a User Contribution, you should assume everyone in the world can see it and will have access to it, and you will be unable to delete or revise it. In addition, We have no control over what another user of the Websites may do with your User Contributions. Accordingly, you should not post anything you wish to keep confidential or are required by law or otherwise to keep confidential. Any User Contribution you post to the Websites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
By providing any User Contribution on the Websites, you grant Us and Our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and Our respective licensees, successors and assigns the unconditional, worldwide, fully transferable, fully sub-licensable and assignable, perpetual, non-terminable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, prepare derivative works from, modify, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform publicly, display publicly, transmit, broadcast, sell, and otherwise use and exploit your User Contributions in all media now known or hereafter created.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to your User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to Us and Our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and Our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not AAPM&R, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Websites.
8. MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT; TERMINATION
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in Our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Websites.
Without limiting the foregoing, We have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Websites.
However, We cannot review material before it is posted on the Websites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, We assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
9. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must, in their entirety, comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, a personal attack, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Us or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
- Advocate for or against any candidate for public office or to encourage other users to engage in lobbying.
10. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see Our Copyright Policy for instructions on sending Us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of AAPM&R to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
11. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
The information presented on or through the Websites is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Websites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Websites include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by AAPM&R, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of AAPM&R. We are not responsible or liable to you, or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
12. CHANGES TO THE WEBSITES
We may update the content on the Websites from time to time, but the Websites content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Websites may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update such material.
13. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE WEBSITES
14. ONLINE PURCHASES AND OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
15. LINKING TO THE WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
You may link to Our homepage at www.aapmr.org, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on Our part without Our express written consent.
The Websites may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Websites.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Websites.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Websites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by Us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions We provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Websites or portions of it to be displayed or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking on any other website.
- Link to any part of the Websites other than Our homepage at www.aapmr.org.
16. LINKS FROM THE WEBSITES
If the Websites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, said links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
17. GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS
The owner of the Websites is based in the state of Illinois in the United States. We provide these Websites for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Websites or any of the Websites’ content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Websites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Websites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
18. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You understand that We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Websites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for antivirus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to Our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, THE WEBSITES’ CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITES, THE WEBSITES’ CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER AAPM&R NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH AAPM&R MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER AAPM&R NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH AAPM&R REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITES, THE WEBSITES’ CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE WEBSITES OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
AAPM&R HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
19. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS
IN NO EVENT WILL AAPM&R, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITES, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
YOU HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE YOU MAY HAVE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY AGAINST AAPM&R, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS TO, AND/OR USE OF, THE WEBSITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITES, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
21. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
22. LIMITATION ON TIME TO FILE CLAIMS
23. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
24. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
26. YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
The Websites are operated by:
American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
9700 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 200
Rosemont, IL 60018
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the Copyright Agent designated in Our Copyright Policy in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Websites should be directed to: email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting the Websites.
Last modified: June 4, 2014