The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a part-time Assistant, Corporate Support.
AAPM&R serves more than 8,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board certified medical specialties). For more information, visit www.aapmr.org.
General Summary: We are looking for a passionate, highly organized, and savvy administrative superstar! The position provides a range of administrative support for the Finance & Operations department and the Executive Office. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented self-starter who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks to move things forward. You must be a true team player and work well with all levels of the organization. Duties include, accounts payable entry, account reconciliation, organizing and maintaining department files, and meeting preparation. This role reports to the Director of Accounting and has a dotted line reporting relationship with the Director of Volunteerism/Executive Assistant to the Executive Director and the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process daily bank lockbox and credit card receipts per accounting procedures.
- Reconcile and posts daily batches
- Record details to the monthly credit card allocations and checking activity spreadsheets
- Responsible for the follow-up of unreconciled cash receipts batches to ensure timely posting to the general ledger
- Prepare and enters all Academy and Foundation vouchers for payment in the accounting software, ensuring proper approval, and allocation to expense accounts and recognition within the accounting records
- Print checks on a weekly basis and distribute for signature
- Develop and maintain a system for the tracking, collection, and storage of all contracts.
- Coordinate all vendor taxpayer information and the annual 1099 preparation.
- Responsible for product fulfillment, inventory management, process and track orders, and ensure prompt delivery.
- Assist with meeting logistics including:
- Conference call scheduling
- Meeting arrangements and material preparation
- Travel arrangements
- Post meeting surveys
- Maintain filing, storage and record retention for Accounting, HR and or Executive Office.
- Assist with facility operations including:
- Directing facility issues
- Space management
- Responsible for daily outgoing mail and shipping.
- Assigned ad hoc projects as needed.
- Provide backup for the Customer Service Team as needed.
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency Microsoft Office, especially excel skills in charts and data displays.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
- Highly organized – demonstrates a sense of ownership in projects.
- Ability to do financial reconciliations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented – able to focus on specific details and ensures accuracy in all work.
- Understands the work and priorities of the office and ensures that work moves forward per these priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or BA degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of work experience, with 1 year accounting experience (e.g., reconciliations, bookkeeping, A/P) preferred.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).