Reference Code: EDUC
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Director of Education.
AAPM&R serves more than 8,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board certified medical specialties).
This position will oversee the operations and management of the Education Department at AAPMR, including oversight of educational activities related to the Annual Assembly, online education and MOC resources as well as coordination with the meetings, marketing and membership teams. The candidate will have primary oversight of all CME processes to ensure compliance with ACCME criteria and will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Academy’s CME portfolio adheres to all necessary requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development and oversight of the system for meeting ACCME accreditation requirements including overall program evaluation, policies, procedures and required documentation for courses, enduring materials and on-line CME. Staff liaison to the CME Programs Committee.
- Work with the education team to oversee and streamline processes for all educational product development including online, journal, practice preparedness and MOC-related activities. Stay current on all MOC requirements and potential changes, and plan for updated educational products accordingly.
- Work with education and meetings teams to oversee and streamline processes for the Annual Assembly, including content development and coordination across multiple departments and physician volunteer committees.
- Work with marketing, meeting services, corporate relations, finance, quality and practice, and the journal to foster open communication and collaboration to optimize the potential for all products. Oversee budget development, and track revenue and expenses to project variances.
- Work with the Associate Executive Director, Education to identify new opportunities for growth, and to innovate and implement new programs and initiatives. Actively explore and identify educational trends, learning technology and other resources available to improve instructional design and deliver on-line and live educational activities.
- Train, supervise and mentor three education staff to support day-to-day management of all educational activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Associate Executive Director, Education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of ACCME and AMA accreditation policies, procedures, and accreditation standards related to continuing medical education.
- Familiarity with Maintenance of Certification environment and requirements.
- Ability to develop budgets, and monitor and project finances.
- High comfort level interacting with physician volunteers.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; ability to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities.
- Comfort with collaborative team approach within department and across the organization.
- Strong customer-service focus; understanding of member-based organizations.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of adult learning theories and/or instructional design desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required. Master’s degree or additional certification in healthcare, association management or CME/adult education preferred.
- Minimum 5 years recent, continuous experience managing continuing medical education activities.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with developing new courses and products
- Experience serving as the primary liaison to a volunteer committee.
Travel is less than 5%, including the Annual Assembly and other potential short trips throughout the year to be determined. Weekend committee meetings should be expected, primarily located at or near the office in Rosemont. There is also a potential to participate in evening conference calls/webinars throughout the year
How to Apply for a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and position of interest to: email@example.com
. Please note, you must include the position's reference code EDUC in the email's subject line to be considered.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).