Looking for ways to give back to your Academy and the PM&R specialty? Utilize the AAPM&R Volunteer Match Tool – a resource designed to connect you with current opportunities and initiatives within the Academy.
AAPM&R Volunteer Match Tool
Here is where you’ll find ongoing and one-time only volunteer opportunities to suit your needs. See an opportunity that interests you below? Click on it to learn more. Opportunities are frequently added, so check back often.
To express your interest in being contacted for opportunities in your areas of expertise and interest, update the volunteer section of your member profile.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Call for Research Abstracts: Play a major role in the 2018 Annual Assembly by sending us a research abstract. The deadline for submissions is December 15. Learn more.
- Develop an Instructional Video: The Academy is looking to commission authors to develop a library of educational instructional videos. When looking at the scope of what a physiatrist does, especially in an inpatient setting, there is an opportunity to develop a robust library of structured instructional videos surrounding treatment and procedural education. Learn more about how to apply to develop a video.
- Item Writing Opportunity: The Self-Assessment Committee seeks a practitioner with expertise in amputations, prosthetics, and gait, who is able to write 20 self-assessment questions per year. Learn more.
- Join the AAPM&R Faculty Team: Are you interested in presenting at an AAPM&R event? Do you have expertise in a physiatry-focused topic? Then nominate yourself to be part of our faculty. Or, let us know what other presenters you would recommend or would like to see again—please complete this survey.
- Call for Nominations, Help Choose Future Academy Leaders—We're seeking members with leadership experience. Please send us your recommendations for various AAPM&R Board of Governors-elected positions by February 28, 2018. Learn more.
- Call for 2018 Awards—You’re invited to nominate colleagues (or yourself) who deserve recognition for distinguished contributions to the Academy and the specialty. Learn more and submit by February 28, 2018.
- Call for PM&R Reviewers: PM&R is looking to expand its pool of peer reviewers. Responsibilities include providing timely, honest, and constructive review of manuscripts assessing importance, quality, and credibility. Interested in volunteering? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't see an opportunity that interests you?
The Academy can still match you to other opportunities. Update the Volunteer section of your member profile to tell us your volunteer interests/preferences.
Ongoing AAPM&R Volunteer Opportunities