Your Academy is seeking a representative to serve on the Paralyzed Veterans of America Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine. This Consortium has steered the development of clinical practice guidelines for spinal cord medicine for the last 2 decades with the support of the PVA. Your Academy would like to nominate a member to represent the specialty and provide the physiatric voice for this initiative.
- Steering Committee representatives are responsible for the proposal and recommendation of topics for future Clinical Practice Guidelines including preliminary explication of topics.
- Steering Committee representatives must be present at the annual face-to-face meeting and participate in conference calls (as needed).
- Members may serve as the Steering Committee liaison to a CPG Panel, typically on a topic in their areas of expertise.
- Steering Committee representatives are responsible for identifying and recruiting guideline topic panel expert reviewers from their organization to serve as the peer reviewers of new clinical practice guidelines.
- Steering Committee representatives report on consortium activities to their organization.
- One-day meeting each year at PVA headquarters in DC.
- Two to three conference calls per year (1 hour each).
- 10-20 hours per year in preparation for meetings, recruiting peer reviewers, and preparing reports back to organization.
- PVA provides travel, lodging, and meal reimbursement.
- Must be Board Certified in Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- A brief statement of interest (150 words max)
- A curriculum vitae or a summary of relevant experience
In order for AAPM&R to meet society nomination deadlines, applications are due March 16, 2018 by 11:59 pm (CT). Questions? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org