At this year’s AAPM&R Annual Assembly in Denver, we had more than 3,300 attendees take over the Colorado Convention Center. THANK YOU!
The Annual Assembly is the largest gathering of physiatrists in the country. This year, we introduced 150+ sessions across 12 new clinical and practice areas, in-depth Skills Labs, and the innovative Learning Center. Attendees learned how to Thrive Through Transformation and took home new skills for how to be innovative and creative in the ways they practice.
Over the course of the 4-day meeting, attendees enjoyed connecting with each other during our plenary speaker sessions and honoring our award recipients, who were recognized on Saturday during a special video presentation. Visit www.aapmr.org to view videos of the plenary sessions and our award winners.
We saw lots of networking happen, including at the President’s Reception, where attendees tasted our own craft brew, ReHOPilitation. We even had special appearances from “Blue Bear” and “Miles,” the Denver Broncos’ mascot! The bustling Poster Hall in the PM&R Pavilion was a great opportunity for researchers to showcase their work. If you missed it, view the research abstracts at www.pmrjournal.org.
#PhysiatryDay2017 was also a huge success thanks to all of you onsite and back home! The day-long celebration on Friday, October 13, helped engage physiatrists across the world and unify them in their efforts on behalf of persons with disabilities. Lots of you participated in our Mosaic Wall too, which helped create a beautiful piece of art for the specialty. Visit www.physiatryday.org for a full recap.
Thank you to our 2017 Program Planning Committee for organizing this year’s Annual Assembly and putting together a great educational program:
- Andre Panagos, MD, FAAPMR, Chair
- Matthew D. Adamkin, MD, FAAPMR
- Rachel A. Brakke, MD, FAAPMR
- Justin M. Burton, MD, FAAPMR
- David S. Cheng, MD, FAAPMR
- Faye C. Chiou-Tan, MD, FAAPMR
- Jeffrey M. Cohen, MD, FAAPMR
- Peter A. Dawson, MD, FAAPMR
- David R. Gater, Jr., MD, PhD, MS, FAAPMR
- Brett A. Gerstman, MD, FAAPMR
- Benton T. Giap, MD, FAAPMR
- Sandra L. Hearn, MD, FAAPMR
- Thomas Hudgins, MD, FAAPMR
- Sarah K. Hwang, MD, FAAPMR
- Shawn P. Jorgensen, MD, FAAPMR
- Christina Kwasnica, MD, FAAPMR
- Vishwa S. Raj, MD, FAAPMR
View a full video recap on our YouTube channel and don’t forget to claim your CME by visiting the My Education tab on mē®.
Watch Our Recap Videos
Relive #AAPMR2017 by checking out these videos showcasing the valuable education and networking held during our Annual Assembly!