As a faculty presenter at the 2016 AAPM&R Annual Assembly, you want to give an outstanding presentation. Help promote your session (and fill every seat) by creating a short, introductory video encouraging Assembly participants to attend your presentation.
If you are the session director for more than one session, please feel free to send us a video for each session.
Academy staff will let you know that your video has been received. Then, look for your video in Academy communications such as Connection, Council info letters, and the Academy’s Facebook, YouTube, and Web site pages. When we share your video we will include the time and location information as well as a link to the session description posted on the Academy Web site.
- Outline what you would like to say before you record. Include:
- Your name
- Your session name
- Key learning objectives
- Who would find your session useful/why someone should attend
- Closing – “Hope to see you there!” or “I’ll see you in New Orleans!” etc.
- Find a well-lit, quiet room where you can record your video.
- Have a friend or colleague use a smartphone or video camera to record your 30-60 second video.
- Save the video to your computer using your last name and session name as the title.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your video is ready to share!
- An AAPM&R staff member will respond to your email message and send you a link to upload your video file.
- Smile – your energy is important!
- Film your video in a well-lit room with minimal noise.
- Keep it short – about 30-60 seconds – but speak clearly and slowly.
- Have the person recording hold the camera horizontally so your video has a landscape orientation.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.