Extensive Changes in Physician Payment Policies Start January 1, 2017.
The countdown is on. No matter your clinical focus or practice setting, you will be positively or negatively impacted by the changes occurring in health care as a result of the Medicare Access and Chip Reauthorization Act (MACRA). Be informed and be prepared by making sure the following activities are part of your onsite schedule.
October 20—T-minus 73 days
- Plenary Session
Attend the opening plenary session on Thursday to hear directly from AAPM&R President Greg Worsowicz, MD, MBA, about the changes to health care, what they mean for physiatry, and what the Academy is doing to support you.
October 21—T-minus 72 days
- The MACRA Primer: Preparing for the New Quality Payment Program
Two opportunities will be available to attend The MACRA Primer, an in-depth look at the legislation that results in a new framework for rewarding physicians for high performance starting January 1, 2017. This must-attend session (offered twice on Friday) will help you take ownership of your future in medicine by explaining 2 important payment tracks, the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
- Learning Objectives
- Provide an overview of the Merit-Based Incentive Program
- Review the latest developments for the Merit-Based Incentive Program
- Analyze the impact of the Merit-Based Incentive Program on physiatric practices
- Determine the strategies to maximize success with the Merit-Based Incentive Program
- Robert S. Jasak, Esq.
Vice President, Coverage and Payment Policy
Hart Health Strategies
- Mark Huang, MD; Scott Laker, MD (Session Directors)
October 22—T-minus 71 days
- MACRA Grand Rounds
Dig deep with MACRA Grand Rounds—Saturday will be your opportunity to learn how you can successfully comply and what resources are available to you. Participate in guided discussions revolving around MACRA's Quality Payment Program and its impact on you and your practice before it launches in 2017.
- Small Group Discussions with Subject Matter Experts Include
- MIPS: Quality Measurement
- MIPS: Resource Use
- MIPS: Advancing Care Information
- MIPS: Clinical Practice Improvement Activities
- General Inquiries
Year Round—No need to wait!
Up-to-date information and resources on MACRA are available at your fingertips year round here.