Saturday, October 22
8 am-3 pm
Learn all about the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation, and why this multi-disciplinary specialty is right for you! Medical students who attend this free program will hear from practicing physiatrists about the diversity of practice environments within the specialty including the clinical, lifestyle, and socioeconomic aspects. Included in this one-day event is the Residency Fair where medical students can meet with representatives from several PM&R programs who will provide information about their respective programs and what they are looking for in applicants.
Why this is important to medical students?
- Learn and understand the specialty.
- Opportunity to meet with several programs in one location.
- Network with peers and attendings.
- Morning Lectures
- Resident Panel—Hear from current PM&R residents about what the experience is like. There will be time for questions.
- Demonstrations of Procedures Used in PM&R Practices
- Residency Fair—Meet with representatives from several PM&R residency programs from across the country.
- Resident Quiz Bowl
How to Register:
- Registration for this program is free to all medical student members of AAPM&R. Sign up online or use the form in the back of the Preliminary Program.
- Not an AAPM&R member? Download a membership application here.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- CME credits are not available.
- Academy members who register for this program have single-day access to attend courses and events at the Annual Assembly and the PM&R Pavilion on Saturday, October 22.
Saturday, October 22 | 1 pm-3 pm
Program Directors: Participate in this year’s PM&R Residency Fair
The Residency Fair, held during the Medical Student Program, allows for face-to-face time between program directors and medical students who are interested in PM&R. It introduces medical students to the specialty and what it means to be a physiatrist, plus the fair is a great opportunity to promote your program.
AAPM&R has presented this free program for medical students at the Annual Assembly for the past 8 years, representing PM&R residencies from all across the country. Last year, more than 120 medical students attended, providing extremely positive feedback on the program. View a list of current participating programs.
Register here if you would like your program to participate in the Residency Fair.