Be part of the largest gathering of PM&R residents!
More than 600 residents and early-career physiatrists attend the Annual Assembly each year to connect, learn, and grow. During this in-training/early-career program, you’ll discover educational content and networking opportunities designed for you. This is THE largest annual gathering of physiatrists—don’t miss it!
Take advantage of these networking opportunities, designed with you in mind:
- AAPM&R Job and Fellowship Fair (for all attendees)—Wednesday, November 13: 6:30 pm-9 pm
- Resident Boot Camps (registration required)—Thursday, November 14: 2 pm-5 pm; Friday, November 15: 8 am-11 am; and Saturday, November 16: 2 pm-5 pm
- In-Training Town Hall Meeting—Friday, November 15: 3:45 pm-4:15 pm
- Resident Quiz Bowl—Friday, November 15: 4:15 pm-5:30 pm
- In-Training Reception—Friday, November 15: 5:30 pm-6:30 pm
- President's Reception—Friday, November 15: 7 pm-10 pm
- Chief Residents’ Meeting—Saturday, November 16: 5 pm-6:15 pm
Visit us in the PM&R Pavilion to learn more about the Academy’s career development resources and tools. Meet with industry representatives who will answer your career-related questions and provide advice about navigating all aspects of physiatry.
Stop by and find information about:
- CV reviews from Academy volunteers and industry experts so you can put your best foot forward.
- Career enhancement resources to position you and your practice for success—at every career level.
- Discussions with PM&R thought-leaders on a variety of career-related topics relevant to physiatrists.
- Available volunteer opportunities to enhance your CV and leadership skills.
- AAPM&R’s Job and Fellowship Board—Your go-to source for PM&R career opportunities at your fingertips 24/7.
A full schedule of events will be available closer to the Assembly.
Resident Boot Camps
Back by popular demand, we've expanded the highly-rated Resident Boot Camp to 3 sessions this year! Attend these 3-hour workshops to review various clinical topics that the AAPM&R Physiatrist in Training (PHiT) Council Board have identified as areas of variable exposure in residency programs. Each of the topics will be reviewed by faculty who are viewed nationally as clinical experts in that clinical area.
- 1803. Bootcamp 1: Reviewing Essential Nerve Examination Techniques
- Thursday, November 14: 2 pm-5 pm
- 1806. Bootcamp 2: Prosthetics/Orthotics of Upper and Lower Extremity
- Friday, November 15: 8 am-11 am
- 1817. Bootcamp 3: Reviewing Roles and Techniques in Chemodenervation/Baclofen Pumps
- Saturday, November 16: 2 pm-5 pm
Sign up for this fun experience when you register! They are only $35 each.
Thursday, November 14
1701. Advocacy from A to Z
2 pm-3:15 pm
Friday, November 15
1702. To the Point: Evolution, Evidence, and Experience of Acupuncture
8 am-9:15 am
1703. Mastering Leadership Competencies for Early Career and Beyond
10 am-11:15 am
Share, learn, and network during these activities designed for in-training physiatrists:
Town Hall Meeting
3:45 pm-4:15 pm
Connect with your resident peers and share your unique PM&R experiences during this In-Training Town Hall, moderated by the Physiatrists in Training (PHiT) Council.
Resident Quiz Bowl
4:15 pm-5:30 pm
Test your PM&R knowledge and compete with other residency programs from across the country in our annual Quiz Bowl!
5:30 pm-6:30 pm
Before you head to Cowboys Dancehall for the President’s Reception, spend an hour networking with your peers while enjoying appetizers and drinks. Resident and Fellow-in-Training registration fees include admittance to this reception.
Saturday, November 16
1705. PHiT Fire: Rapid Fire Presentations on “Uniting PM&R Through Evidence and Best Practices”
10 am-11:15 am
1704. Financial Wellness for the Resident and Early-Career Physician
2 pm-3:15 pm
James D. Dvorak, MD, MBA, FAAPMR (Session Director)
Chief Residents’ Meeting
5 pm–6:15 pm
Hear chief residents share best practices, learn the “ins and outs” of PM&R residency operations, and participate in an interactive dialogue. This is another great opportunity to build your network of lifelong colleagues.
*Faculty and content subject to change.