San Diego is a popular destination for AAPM&R members, offering temperate weather and interesting attractions for leisure activities during free time at the meeting. Click here for travel information.
The San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is the headquarters hotel this year, and all meeting activities will be at the San Diego Convention Center next door to the hotel.
This year’s meeting will have a special focus on exercise that will be incorporated in and outside of the classrooms. The AAPM&R Program Planning Committee has programmed several exercise-themed sessions into all 5 educational tracks of this year’s Annual Assembly.
Some of the highlights planned for this year’s meeting:
- A half-day symposium on the aging athlete
- A half-day symposium on Paralympic training
- Six 180-minute intensive workshops on regenerative medicine, manual medicine, and ultrasound
- A 6-hour didactic course on regenerative medicine
- Pediatric Day
- Morning yoga sessions at the Marriott
- Free fitness sessions in the Exhibit Hall
- Adaptive quad rugby tournament in the Technical Exhibition
- Take a peek at this year's Exhibit Hall.
AAPM&R is excited to host the 2014 Annual Assembly at the following venues:
- San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101
Click here to visit their website.
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
333 W. Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101
Reserve your room now: Call (877) 622-3056 or click here
Single/Double Occupancy for City View Room: $265.00/night
Single/Double Occupancy for Bay View Room: $285.00/night
Additional $20.00 per adult for up to four guests per room
As a guest of the Marriott Marquis, enjoy complimentary access to the fitness center; two heated, outdoor pools with towel service; luxury bedding; and stunning views of the San Diego skyline, bay and Coronado Island.
Reservations are made on a first-come, first served basis. The cutoff date for the discounted hotel rooms is October 15, 2014; discounted rooms are subject to room and rate availability.
In planning for the meeting, AAPM&R reserved a number of discounted hotel rooms (including ADA-accessible rooms at the group rate) at the Marriott Marquis. The Academy works diligently to negotiate the lowest group rates at hotels that offer adequate meeting space, appropriate amenities— and opportunities to network with your colleagues.