Apply for the Clinical Practice Improvement Activities and Measurement Study by January 31.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is conducting a Clinical Practice Improvement Activities (CPIA) Study, as outlined in the MACRA final rule. Applications for this study will be accepted from January 1 - 31, 2017.
Clinicians and groups who are eligible for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) that participate successfully in the study will receive full credit for the Improvement Activities performance category.
CMS is leading this study to:
- Examine clinical workflows and data collection methods using different submission systems;
- Understand the challenges clinicians face when collecting and reporting quality data; and
- Make future recommendations for changes that will attempt to eliminate clinician burden, improve quality data collection and reporting, and enhance clinical care.
Who Should Apply
The following clinicians are encouraged to apply:
- MIPS-eligible clinicians and groups
- Clinicians or groups that collect and submit quality measurement data to CMS
Study participants will have to meet the following requirements between January and December 2017:
- Complete at least three survey questionnaires throughout the course of the study.
- Participate in at least three focus groups.
- Submit at least three clinician quality performance measures to CMS.
Additional Study Benefits for Participating During the Study Period
In addition to receiving full credit for the Improvement Activities performance category of MIPS, participants will receive direct feedback from other study participants and CMS about how to minimize challenges with data collection and submission during the study period.
For more information and to apply to participate in the study, please visit the CMS website. Completed applications should be submitted to CMSCPIAStudy@ketchum.com by January 31.