- Mary Apiafi, MD, a June 2017 graduate from the sports medicine fellowship program at Cleveland Clinic’s Sports Health Center, recently joined the team at Community Howard Regional Health. Read more.
- David X. Cifu, MD, FAAPMR, associate dean of innovation and system integration, chairman of the department of PM&R at Virginia Commonwealth University’s School of Medicine, and AAPM&R past president, discusses treatments for post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury in war veterans. Read more.
- Jeffrey S. Fine, MD, FAAPMR, has been named chief of the department of rehabilitation medicine at NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn and vice chairman for network development for Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Health. Read more.
- Flora Hammond, MD, FAAPMR, professor and chair of the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Indiana University School of Medicine, as well as chief of medical affairs at the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana, discusses the research she conducted with her team on aggression following traumatic brain injury. Read more.
- Shubhra (Sue) Mukherjee, MD, FRCP(C), FAAPMR, former pediatric fellowship director at RIC/Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, recently joined Shriners Hospitals for Children – Chicago as the Medical Director of Rehabilitation. She is proud to be following in the footsteps of pediatric SCI rehab pioneer, Larry Vogel, MD, who will be retiring in October.
- Joseph Riley, MD, a 2017 graduate of the New York University School of Medicine, recently joined Firelands Physician Group. Read more.
- Joel Stein, MD, FAAPMR, professor of rehabilitation medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine and physiatrist-in-chief at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, received the C. Miller Fisher Award Recipient from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for his many efforts in the field of stroke rehabilitation and recovery. Your Academy recently received notification that Dr. Stein is the first rehabilitation physician to be honored with this award.
- Monica Verduzco-Gutierrez, MD, FAAPMR, medical director of the brain injury and stroke programs at TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, Texas, shares her personal experience of being on-call and working during Hurricane Harvey. Read more.
- Aaditya Verma, DO, a 2017 graduate of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, recently joined Labette Health’s medical staff. Read more.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: AAPM&R reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or content may not be considered in the best interests of AAPM&R or its members.