Reference Code: HPPS 0118
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Coordinator, Clinical Data Registry.
AAPM&R serves more than 8,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board certified medical specialties). For more information, visit www.aapmr.org.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to join us to build and grow our new registry project. This position will assist in operating and advancing the AAPM&R’s Registry and will be primarily responsible for registry site recruitment and site services. The Coordinator will work closely with the Manager, Quality and Research Initiatives, to enhance coordination with registry participant sites, software vendors and the Registry team in the process of Registry development, implementation, improvement, reporting and contracting. In order to support the practice and profession of physiatry and improve patient outcomes, the Coordinator will also monitor CMS regulations and policy changes to inform and educate the HPPS and Registry teams and participant sites, as well as, take part in site communication and QCDR self-nomination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement registry site recruitment plan and current site services, working with the registry vendor on business operations and contract management. Be the primary contact for the registry.
- Collaboratively work with the registry vendor and participating sites on site onboarding, education and ongoing management.
- Implement tools and resources with sites to ensure registry practices sites meet requirements of registry participation.
- Play a critical role in executing the Registry marketing plan including messaging to current participants and new users. Leverage marketing channels including web sites, webinars, print materials, etc.
- Support Manager in monitoring, researching, analyzing and interpreting relevant policy regarding registry reporting to Federal programs and serve as a first stop resource to health policy staff and to registry practice administrators regarding registry policy and procedures.
- As needed, attend relevant conference and meetings as the registry representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Manager, Quality and Research Initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of health policy related to value-based payment, quality measures and reporting.
- Strong desire to build skills and acquire new knowledge.
- Willingness to work in a highly visible, fast-paced and productive environment.
- Excellent organizational skills in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and simultaneous activities.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and proficiency in navigating and mining Internet resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team environment and ability to coordinate with physicians, physician staff, Academy staff, and vendors on specific projects.
- Maintain high standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- At least 3 years of work experience in project support and coordination, preferably within medical specialty associations.
Travel is less than 10%, including the Annual Assembly and other potential short trips throughout the year to be determined. Weekend committee meetings should be expected, primarily located at or near the office in Rosemont. There is also a potential to participate in evening conference calls/webinars throughout the year.
How to Apply For a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and position of interest to: email@example.com
. Please note, you must include the position's reference code HPPS 0118 in the email's subject line to be considered.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).