Reference Code: HPPS 1220
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Telehealth and Payment Innovation Specialist.
AAPM&R serves more than 10,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board certified medical specialties). For more information, visit www.aapmr.org.
We are seeking a team player to help us continue to strengthen our Health Policy and Practice Services. A forward-thinking health care association professional with the opportunity to facilitate transformation in physical medicine and rehabilitation through introduction of telehealth and new payment models. Works closely with the Telehealth Innovation Workgroup to research and vet opportunities. Coordinates the Innovative Payment and Practice Models Committee’s efforts to increase member understanding and involvement in new models of payment and care. Provides additional support to payment and practice-related projects under the Department of Health Policy and Practice Services (HPPS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a staff liaison to the Telehealth Innovation Workgroup and the Innovative Payment and Practice Models Committee.Liaison duties include reviewing and synthesizing background materials, fostering ongoing communication, planning conference calls and meeting agendas, preparing minutes and budgets.
- Performs research and analysis of telehealth and payment model-related regulatory documents, articles, clinical practice guidelines, etc.
- Promotes collaboration where appropriate with other medical specialties, regulatory bodies, payers, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinates the development and dissemination of member education deliverables, such as news articles or webinars, related to telehealth and payment innovation.
- Serves as a contributing member of the HPPS team, providing support to the Reimbursement and Policy Review Committee as well as the Quality, Practice, Policy and Research Committee as needed.
- Represents the Academy at meetings with regulatory agencies as well as with partnering medical specialties.
- Drafts correspondence, position statements, and talking points and regularly provides relevant updates in the Academy’s member-facing online and print publications.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to balance and coordinate multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to convey complex material clearly and accurately.
- Self-motivated with proven interpersonal and team skills, including the ability to work productively with physicians and colleagues from other organizations.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet navigation.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required.
- Capability to effectively collaborate within and across departments in order to achieve both departmental and organizational goals.
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health policy, health care economics, public health or public policy related field.
- At least two years of direct experience in a health care field preferably with a medical specialty society, hospital, rehabilitation organization, or health insurance company.
Travel is less than 5% - All professional travel has been suspended through mid 2021.
How to Apply For a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and position of interest to: email@example.com
. Please note, you must include the position's reference code HPPS 1220 in the email's subject line to be considered.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).