The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Coordinator, Member Engagement to join our team. We are working a hybrid schedule with at least 2 days in our Rosemont, IL office.
AAPM&R serves more than 9,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board-certified medical specialties).
For more information, visit www.aapmr.org
AAPM&R is seeking an individual who is a skilled in execution to focus on the coordination of various member recruitment and retention plans, with particular emphasis on ensuring transition of resident members to membership as practicing physicians. Responsibilities will include executing the existing strategic engagement plans and offering recommendations for enhancements for future success based on shared knowledge (data) of internal and external markets. The coordinator will develop relationships with contacts at academic institutions to provide insight and guidance on the growth of the Academy’s strategies and tactics related to recruitment and retention. They will administer plans and programs to close the gap on attrition at critical transition points for members. As such, the successful candidate will also have a comprehensive understanding of the timeline of a physician’s transition from training to practicing as well as a good understanding of the challenges in the healthcare environment and the specialty as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate recruitment and retention initiatives, including development of timelines and work plans that support the overall strategic plans developed with committees.
- Development of relationships with key decision makers and administrative staff at academic institutions (program managers, program coordinators, etc.) to address attrition rates at key transition points of membership.
- Serve as the coordinator for staff across the Academy to connect membership initiatives with value proposition for early career members (marketing, policy/advocacy, education, etc.)
- Support collection of information about member transition and address any operational barriers as well as strategic value related recommendations for enhancements.
- Administrative duties to include progress documentation on strategic plans, metrics tracking and evaluation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, which could evolve based on changing business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with membership entities
- Experience with association management principles and practices
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Knowledge of association management processes, procedures and related functions.
- Excellent member service competency with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, prioritize and provide feedback and solutions as needed.
- Diligent, well organized, reliable, energetic
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with two to four years experience.
- Experience in association management or health care.
How to Apply For a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxing or phone inquiries please.
- AAPM&R offers an excellent hybrid work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). AAPM&R instituted a Covid-19 vaccine requirement for all employees. It is required as a condition of employment.
- Must have access to Rosemont, IL office on a weekly basis.