Working with the Director of Education, this position oversees the development of digital and virtual educational activities that are included in the Academy’s education portfolio including enduring products through an online subscription and mobile app, live virtual events, and virtual components of the Academy’s annual meeting. The ideal candidate will positively and collaboratively contribute to the overall functions and processes of the Academy’s education team, have experience effectively working with volunteers and committee management, and support the Academy’s overall strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the Digital Learning Committee (DLC) and manages the development and implementation of the educational activities that are part of the Academy’s Online Education Subscription, which includes multiple product lines such as case studies, instructional videos, podcasts, presentation modules, and other product lines that are part of the subscription. Work closely with the DLC to identify new topics and product lines that will bring value to the subscription to encourage new subscribers and retain current subscribers. Work with faculty to plan and develop the identified products.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison to virtual event workgroups and manage the development and implementation of the live virtual events, including ongoing webinars, virtual conferences, and longitudinal virtual programs including a new review course. Work closely with this Workgroup to identify topics and faculty and then work with the faculty to develop and implement the educational offering.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison to the PM&R Review Workgroup and manages the development and implementation of the virtual PM&R Review Course(s). Work closely with this Workgroup to identify new ways to offering a review course in a virtual environment. This includes, but not limited to, gamification, a combination of live meeting and online lectures. Work closely with the Workgroup to identify faculty that can prepare and present the content.
- Work closely with the other team members of the Education and Meeting department to support the development and implementation of other educational activities, which includes the Annual Assembly, STEP Certificate Programs, Journal education and other standalone offerings.
- Partner with volunteers and staff across the Academy to transition educational concepts, as identified via member needs assessment, environmental scans, and market research analysis, into tangible educational activities. Actively explore and identify educational learning trends, learning technologies and platforms, and other resources available to improve instructional design and delivery of educational content. Identify and develop new opportunities for educational products, programs and services potentially to include new formats and technologies, revenue lines and business models.
- Manage operational aspects of the Academy’s Online Learning Portal and Mobile App, which includes entering product information into iMIS, building the product within the platform, leading the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for other staff to follow and coordinating with marketing and customer care.
- Ensure, in accordance with Academy processes and policies, that all activities produced are in compliance with ACCME accreditation requirements and copyright permissions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Education, or the Associate Executive Director, Education.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Genuine interest and passion for educational content design and delivering it in a virtual format through the available platforms, i.e., Zoom.
- Genuine interest and passion for educational content design and developing it in multiple formats, i.e., podcasts, presentation modules, etc.
- Comfort with collaborative team approach within department and across organization.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, while staying organized, and being able to respond in a timely manner to multiple incoming priorities and requests. Comfortable with independent and group work. Works efficiently, collaboratively with a cooperative spirit.
- Capable of understanding and synthesizing complex systems and situations and presenting those facts to others in a meaningful way.
- Confident using good judgment to make solid recommendations. Identifies opportunities to streamline processes and makes recommendations for overall improvements.
- Strong customer-service focus; understands member-based organizations and the unique and ever-changing balance that must be struck between rules and exceptions.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable interacting with physician volunteers.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and e-learning authoring apps, such as Rise 360, Storyline 360, etc. Knowledge of or ability to learn key organizational systems that include iMIS 20 (AMS) and Oasis (LMS).
- Experience designing enduring and live education, which includes being knowledgeable of instructional design and technology to enhance and manage educational activities, a plus.
- Working knowledge of ACCME Criteria and policies and AMA policies related to continuing medical education, a plus.
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree, and 3-5 years of experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in association management.
- Work experience in project management a plus.
Travel is less than 10%, including the Annual Assembly and other potential short trips throughout the year to be determined. Weekend committee meetings should be expected, primarily located at or near the office in Rosemont. There is also a potential to participate in evening conference calls/webinars throughout the year.
- AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- We are planning on a return to the office in December with hybrid schedule. Must have access to the Rosemont, IL office.
- AAPMR instituted a Covid 19 vaccine mandate for all employees. It is required as a condition of employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.