Reference Code – ED 0315
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM &R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Manager, Meetings. We are working a hybrid schedule with at least 2 days in our Rosemont, IL office.
AAPM&R serves more than 9,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 board certified medical specialties). Representing approximately 70 percent of all rehabilitation physicians, AAPM&R is a leader in helping PM&R physicians acquire the continuing education, practice knowledge, leadership skills, and research findings needed to provide quality patient care, and to represent the best interests of patients with, or at risk for, temporary or permanent disabilities. For more information, visit www.aapmr.org.
We are seeking a meeting planner with strong project management skills that has mastered the art and science of registration, housing and event technology for both in-person and virtual event and education delivery. The meetings manager will coordinate and execute components of the association’s annual conference, standalone education courses, committee meetings, and other events as assigned. This includes management of both in-person and virtual components including but not limited to, annual meeting virtual platform, registration, housing, and in-house events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages project timelines and schedules to ensure successful delivery of in-person, hybrid and virtual events
- Serves as primary meeting manager for standalone education courses and committee meetings
- Serves as main point of contact for the annual conference virtual event platform
- Leads the overall planning of event registration during the pre, onsite and post show phases, including registration website development, integration of registration technology and testing
- Support education initiatives, including in-person and virtual logistics pre, onsite, and post event
- Creates analytical reports based on session evaluation data, engagement metrics and overall participation
- Leads meetings with staff teams to gather and document requirements; develop agendas and meeting minutes
- Creates and manages RFPs for vendors, including registration, housing, hybrid event platforms and other virtual engagement tools
- Manages financials and contributes to developing budgets, updates financial forecasts and proactively addresses expense variances
- Contributes to overall success of team by identifying challenges and proactively seeking solutions. Proactively communicates project status and program deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Meetings, Director, Education or Associate Executive Director, Education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- End to end event planning experience
- Experience working collaboratively with association volunteers and faculty
- Technically savvy and familiar with virtual event technology solutions
- Comfort with collaborative team approach within department and across organization
- Interest in exploring, embracing, and proposing new opportunities, innovations, and technologies in an evolving environment.
- Possess strong financial management skills.
- Self-starter with strong communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three+ years of relevant event management experience
- CMP preferred
- DES certification a plus
- Experience with event technologies and system integrations (Cadmium & iMis a plus)
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 10% and participate in occasional weekend meetings and evening conference calls
How to Apply For a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and position of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, you must include the position's reference code ED0315 in the email's subject line to be considered.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
AAPM&R instituted a Covid 19 vaccine for all employees. It is required as a condition of employment.