Reference Code: HPPS 0719
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Coordinator, Health Policy & Payment.
AAPM&R serves more than 8,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board certified medical specialties). For more information, visit www.aapmr.org.
We are seeking a team player to help us continue to strengthen our Health Policy and Practice Services Team. A forward-thinking health care association professional with the opportunity to influence future physical medicine and rehabilitation payment and practice models. Works closely with the Innovative Payment and Practice Models Committee to increase member understanding and involvement in new models of payment and care. Provides additional support to payment and practice-related projects under the Department of Health Policy and Practice Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates payment and practice initiatives, including leading projects and advancing critical issues as specified under the Academy’s new strategic plan.
- Serves as a staff liaison to the Innovative Payment and Practice Models Committee, which includes providing ongoing communication, planning conference calls and meeting agendas, minutes, and budgets.
- Performs research and analysis of reimbursement and practice-related regulatory documents, articles, clinical practice guidelines, etc.
- Promotes innovative payment and practice models and leverages expertise, including facilitating buy-in from other medical specialties, regulatory bodies, payers, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinates the development of payment and practice model member education and facilitates dissemination of related news and resources to Academy members.
- Serves as a key member of the HPPS team, providing support to the Reimbursement and Policy Review Committee as well as the Quality, Practice, Policy and Research Committee as needed.
- Provides support for the Academy’s participation on the American Medical Association Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Panel.
- Represents the Academy at meetings with regulatory bodies as well as with partnering medical specialties.
- Drafts correspondence, position statements, and talking points and regularly provides updates in the Academy's member-facing and print publications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director, Health Policy & Practice Services and the Senior Manager, Reimbursement & Regulatory Affairs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to balance and coordinate multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to convey complex material clearly and accurately.
- Self-motivated with proven interpersonal and team skills, including the ability to work productively with physicians and colleagues from other organizations.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet navigation.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required.
- Capability to effectively collaborate within and across departments in order to achieve both departmental and organizational goals.
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health policy, health care economics, public health or public policy related field.
- At least two years of direct experience in a health care field preferably with a medical specialty society, hospital, rehabilitation organization, or health insurance company.
Travel is less than 10%, including the Annual Assembly and other potential short trips throughout the year to be determined. Weekend committee meetings should be expected, primarily located at or near the office in Rosemont. There is also a potential to participate in evening conference calls/webinars throughout the year.
How to Apply For a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary history, and position of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note, you must include the position's reference code HPPS 0719 in the email's subject line to be considered.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).