AAPM&R is looking for a dynamic, high-performing Coordinator, Marketing Communications to help convey the value proposition of the Academy and engage the market. From writing and editing cross-platform content to developing strategies to engage our members, this position is designed to help the right candidate build their portfolio of marketing communication skills. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and creative. The position will focus on content (copy, creative, and video) development for print and digital media, programming e-mails, and developing other innovative marketing communications strategies/tactics to connect with members and potential members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Marketing Communication team members to oversee development, production and execution of marketing and engagement tactics
- Write, copyedit, and coordinate copy for the Academy’s print and digital communications including various Academy newsletters, targeted e-mails, web sites, social media, advertising and more.
- Helps identify new marketing strategies and tactics
- Sets up meetings and manages agendas for department and stakeholder meetings
- Ensures all Academy marketing tactics are consistent with editorial and branding guidelines.
- Monitors and reports on effectiveness of marketing tactics through email and website metrics as well as incorporating market research data and sales goals.
- Accountability in obtaining vendor estimates and tracking budgets
- Prepares materials for presentations and supporting documents for key projects as directed.
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Marketing Communications, Director, Marketing or Associate Executive Director, Associate Executive Director, Specialty Engagement and Market Development.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate brand guidelines and elements across various types of content and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to produce creative content across multiple platforms
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders; ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing/Communications.
- Two or more years related experience.
- Experience in a work environment with concurrent marketing communications projects
- Video creation and editing a plus
- Association management knowledge a plus
- Experience with health care writing a plus
Less than 5%