Reference Code: MS19
The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R), the premier professional association for rehabilitation physicians, has an immediate opening for a Manager, Member Engagement.
AAPM&R serves more than 9,000 board certified physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation (one of 24 ABMS certified board certified medical specialties).
The Manager, Member Engagement is responsible for supporting strategic opportunities for member involvement across the organization. The Manager will support the newly created Inclusion and Engagement Committee, Membership Committee and Diversity and Inclusion Committee. The Manager will also support the Member Communities, as assigned. The Manager will be responsible for a range of volunteer management and collaboration responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as staff liaison and support for various engagement committees under the strategic coordinating committee, Inclusion and Engagement.
- Drive and support existing and new strategic initiatives to advance and increase member engagement in the Academy.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research new engagement strategies and bring forward to internal staff team, as well as volunteer leaders for consideration.
- Serve as a resource for volunteers and members, understanding of the value of membership in AAPM&R.
- Support Associate Executive Director and Director, Member Relations with Member Communities.
- Effectively collaborate within and across departments in order to impact Academy wide metrics and achieve individual, departmental and organizational goals
- Other duties as assigned, which could evolve based on changing business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with member volunteer committees
- Experience with association management principles and practices
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team
- Knowledge of association management processes, procedures and related functions.
- Excellent member service competency with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, prioritize and provide feedback and solutions as needed
- Diligent, well organized, reliable, energetic
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five or more years of association (membership) experience or equivalent.
Travel is less than 10%,may include Annual Assembly and other potential short trips throughout the year to be determined. Weekend committee meetings should be expected, primarily located at or near the office in Rosemont. There is also a potential to participate in evening conference calls/webinars throughout the year
How to Apply for a Job with AAPM&R
Submit your cover letter, resume, salary expectations to: email@example.com
. Please note, you must include the position's reference code MS19 in the email's subject line to be considered.
No faxing or phone inquiries please.
AAPM&R offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a very comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).