The Social Media Coordinator will manage our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into dynamic membership communities. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. Additionally, you will execute the content and creative implementation of Academy emails promoting member value, resources, and engagement opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including YouTube®, Facebook®, LinkedIn®, Twitter®, and Instagram®, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both the vision of the specialty and Academy-relevant content.
- Monitor and support engagement of relevant social discussions about physical medicine and rehabilitation to support the vision of the Academy.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Create and executive creative promotional emails that emphasize the value of Academy membership
- Work alongside other team members to help distribute content that educates and informs our members and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage to engage the physiatrist community.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals of AAPM&R.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or equivalent business experience required
- 2 years+ experience in social media marketing
- Active and well-rounded understanding of social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in using social media software, such as Hootsuite®, to post, track, and monitor social media conversations.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, Informz, inbound marketing, and blogging.
Less than 5%