The 2019 Member Community Chair Nomination timeline is shown below:
- June 24 – Call for Chairs opens
- July 19 – Chair nomination process closes
- July 26 – Ballots will be distributed to community members
- August 9 – Election closes
- August 26 – Election notifications distributed
- September 15-November 17 – Chair orientation and preparation for new leaders
Additional Member Community Leader Roles:
Chair-Elect - In the absence of the Chair or in the event of the Chair’s inability to act, the Chair-Elect shall perform the duties of the Chair. The Chair-Elect shall generally perform all other duties from time to time assigned to it by the Chair.
Education Vice-Chair - The Education Vice-Chair shall perform the duties and responsibilities assigned by the Chair. The Education Vice-Chair will also be asked to collaborate with members regarding educational needs.
Communications Vice-Chair. The Communications Vice-Chair shall perform the duties and responsibilities assigned by the Chair. The Communications Vice-Chair will also be asked to gather educational, social and other applicable content for its membership and utilize PhyzForum to promote positive information regarding physiatrists;
Membership Vice-Chair. The Membership Vice-Chair shall perform the duties and responsibilities assigned by the Chair. The Membership Vice-Chair shall encourage Academy members to connect via Member Communities as well as create and encourage member to member engagement.
Member Community Resources:
Member Communities and Chairs may utilize the following resources to connect and facilitate conversations with your Member Community. As always, AAPM&R is here to help answer any questions.
Member Community Policy:
Explore this policy to review Member Community requirements, leadership, nominations, qualifications, terms, rules, and more.
Member Community Chairs may utilize the Academy’s conference call service to connect with their community throughout the year. In order to properly secure a conference call service, please allow 1 week for the conference call to be scheduled.
Member Community Chairs may utilize the Academy’s virtual meeting services to connect with their community throughout the year. This resource may be utilized for when a presentation is being given or when communities are reviewing and editing documents. In order to properly secure a virtual meeting service, please allow 1 week for the meeting to be scheduled.
, the Academy’s online forum, is where Member Communities can connect with each other, share experiences, and advance the future of the specialty together via discussion boards and blog posts. Each Member Community has a dedicated presence on PhyzForum, and there’s also a mobile app for instant access to discussions with peers.
Follow the instructions below to navigate within the PhyzForum platform.
New!—Member Communities will have a presence at the Annual Assembly during the first-ever Community Day on Thursday, November 14, 2019. This special half-day will feature sessions and networking opportunities generated by our Member Communities.
- Networking Space: Member Communities can connect in-person at the Annual Assembly by securing a networking space. This space is based on availability and varies from year-to-year. It is available to Member Communities on a first come-first served basis
- Community Sessions: An opportunity to submit a proposal for a Community Session(s) as part of the Annual Assembly’s program during its NEW Community Day is available to all Member Communities. Please note: The opportunity to submit a Member Community session for the 2019 agenda has passed.
- Critical PM&R Dialogues: Assembly of Delegates Meeting: One representative from each Member Community will be invited to participate in an event hosted by AAPM&R to discuss challenging questions currently facing the specialty. The 2019 Critical PM&R Dialogues: Assembly of Delegates meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. Information will be sent directly to the chairs when available.