Moving Physiatry Forward
AAPM&R has been on a journey since 2016, gaining member input to create a new vision for the specialty. We gathered input from thousands of members and ultimately identified and created a unified vision for physiatry:
- Physiatrists are the essential medical experts in value-based evaluation, diagnosis, and management of neuromusculoskeletal and disabling conditions.
- Physiatrists are indispensable leaders in directing rehabilitation and recovery, and in preventing injury and disease.
- Physiatrists are vital in optimizing outcomes and function early and throughout the continuum of patient care.
Now, the Academy is focused on how we can transform the specialty and make this vision a reality. To do this, we need the entire specialty to support this effort and get involved. We are stronger together!
Strengthening the specialty of PM&R and supporting members’ practices and patients, AAPM&R offers a full depth and breadth of benefits designed to help PM&R physicians meet new challenges and build successful careers. From networking activities, to educational resources and career advice, we have it all!
How Can I Join AAPM&R?
Call the AAPM&R Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 from 8:30 am–5 pm (CT) to join over the phone. When joining over the phone, you must pay with a credit card.
Or, email email@example.com and our Member Services team will connect with you.
You can view and print membership applications here.
We are Stronger Together!
AAPM&R is focused on how we can transform the specialty and make our vision a reality. To do this, we need the entire specialty to support this effort and get involved.
In 2019, AAPM&R is offering NEW opportunities to support engagement and collaboration:
- NEW Member Communities: Organically formed and inclusively focused, Member Communities are based on however you want to connect with your peers.
- NEW Diversity and Inclusion Initiative: AAPM&R wants to ensure that we continue to offer a welcoming environment for diverse member engagement, hold our leadership accountable to cultivate and support diverse input and perspectives, and train members to be leaders within their communities. Diversity and inclusion are important to AAPM&R, and we look forward to expanding upon our efforts in 2019.
- AAPM&R Registry: The collective data of the specialty can reinforce the value of our specialty and position us for success in the future of health care. Our 450,000 patient visit records can grow exponentially if members prioritize and get involved in this important initiative—imagine what all that data can tell us about our specialty and the patients we serve.
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) Committee: We are actively engaging leaders in critical dialogues about the skills required to make the vision a reality. Together, we can position the next generations of physiatrists for success!
- Learning Collaboratives: The 2018 Annual Assembly kicked off efforts to support year-round collaboration! Learning Collaboratives were created to facilitate member dialogue and exchange, so that members can work together to figure out how to implement the vision in their individual settings and locales.
When we work together to make the vision a reality, we are stronger as individual physicians and as a specialty. In turn, our voice becomes stronger in health care and more impactful for our patients. Help us become stronger by joining AAPM&R!