You're part of the PM&R community—more than 9,000 members who power the Academy and support initiatives designed to move physiatry forward. Membership gives you exclusive access to networking and leadership opportunities to keep you connected and help lead the specialty to success.
- The AAPM&R Annual Assembly has 3x the attendance than other PM&R-focused organizations, including the largest annual gathering of PM&R residents! We have a program dedicated to in-training/early-career physiatrists, which covers a variety of topics including burnout, finances, career advice, clinical topics, etc.
- NEW! AAPM&R is launching a new Virtual Mentoring Program for early-career physiatrists. This program will match you to a member with 6+ years of practice experience and whose interests align with yours. Stay tuned for additional information about this exciting new program!
- Our online community, PhyzForum, lets you engage with your peers. Use this member benefit to ask a question, find a mentor, and receive advice, insights, and ideas. On average, 20 new discussion threads are started each month. Join the conversation and connect with your fellow physiatry peers!
- Access to the Physiatrist in Training (PHiT) Council, which focuses on developing and sustaining a strong resident and associate fellow community. All residents and associate fellows receive access to the PHiT Council and receive the the PM&R Resident e-newsletter every other month.
- There’s lots of other networking opportunities too, including at live events, such as ultrasound training and opioid education. Members receive significant discounts on these in-person training opportunities.
Count on AAPM&R to provide you with a variety of resources for every stage of your career. We're here to help position you for success in today's changing health care landscape.
- Access the Physiatrists’ Job and Fellowship Board, where you can post your resume/CV and find a listing of PM&R job and fellowship opportunities.
- Each year, AAPM&R hosts the largest PM&R Job and Fellowship Fair. Network face-to-face with representatives from more than 115 institutions and practices, and leave a lasting impression.
- The 250+ page PM&R Physician Compensation Survey Report includes an executive summary, highlighting key learnings from the study and an in-depth static report with comprehensive, de-identified compensation and production data, as well as a narrative of the results. Use this tool for negotiations!
- Receive Career Corner, your monthly professional development e-newsletter designed to help connect physiatrists to their dream jobs.
- Listen to webinar archives about best practices and topics of interest for job and fellowship seekers.
- Student Loan Refinancing Discounts: Your Academy has teamed up with SoFi to offer our members student loan refinancing. AAPM&R members receive a 0.25% rate discount when refinancing through SoFi.com/AAPMR.
You'll receive access to cutting-edge clinical and practice management resources to help you stay relevant on hot-button topics such as emerging trends, regenerative medicine, and practice preparedness.
- NEW Course at the 2018 Annual Assembly! Navigating Early-Career Decisions for Success in Physiatry Practice—intended for physiatrists completing their training (PGY-3, PGY-4 and fellows) and physiatrists within the first 3 years post-training. The course will cover leadership skills, practice settings, performance metrics, compensation strategies, and more.
- Certification Qbank: Your Ultimate Study Resource—utilize the Qbank for your upcoming Part 1 certification exam or if you need some extra study help to aid in your residency training. It includes 800+ questions covering various topics from past certification exams.
- Access to essential practice resources, including free webinars that focus on issues directly related to physiatry.
- Explore educational resources on mē® dedicated to early-career physiatrists:
Physiatry News and Updates
AAPM&R is your #1 resource for the latest PM&R-specific news and information. Through our various print and digital publications as well as social media, we'll help you stay in-the-know about everything going on in the physiatry world.
- Published 10 times each year, The Physiatrist updates you on Academy activities and programs, legislative actions, practice and socioeconomic issues, educational courses, and specialty developments. This print newsletter also features classified advertising for employment opportunities.
- Keep current with Connection, our weekly electronic newsletter.
- Published by the Physiatrist in Training (PHiT) Council, the PM&R Resident e-newsletter is an essential tool for distributing information to PM&R residents nationwide. Distributed every other month, it includes resident-written contributions, news about resident-related Academy activities and events, and special interest articles.
- PM&R is the Academy’s official peer-reviewed, scientific journal. Receive a complimentary issue of the journal each month. Also, as a member, you can submit a manuscript and obtain free CME each month!
- Key health policy/advocacy updates and resources to help you succeed in today’s health care environment. Members also have access to more than 50 position statements and white papers that have been developed in response to specific legislative, regulatory, economic, and technological issues.
- Connect with us on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.