Your Academy is focused on moving physiatry forward. Membership is even MORE valuable...and exciting in 2017. Check out our new initiatives below:
- Visioning PM&R Bold—Be Bold and help define the future of the specialty. With the help of all 11,000+ physiatrists, AAPM&R is gathering qualitative and quantitative insights to develop a bold vision for PM&R.
- Physiatry is More Than—To celebrate the work of physiatrists and capture the essence of PM&R, your stories must be told. Complete the sentence “Physiatry is more than ___,” tell your story, and share it with your peers.
- Spine Quality Outcomes Database—Our new clinical data registry is focused on quality improvement for the spine patient. Use this tool to meet 2017 MIPS reporting requirements and fulfill ABPMR MOC® part IV requirements.
Physicians have many mandates to meet, and AAPM&R wants to help.
Your Academy is here to help you efficiently meet Maintenance of
Certification® (MOC®) requirements set forth by the American Board of Physical
Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR). A continuous cycle of lifelong learning,
which includes maintenance of certification, helps you remain successful in
practice while maintaining focus on what really matters—the patient. Full-time Associate and Fellow membership includes resources to meet current, fundamental MOC requirements—at no additional cost!
- One complimentary self-assessment exam for practitioners (SAE-P*)—earn 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to meet your annual Part II requirement.
- All practice improvement projects (PIPs**) are available to all members at no cost to meet your Part IV requirement.
Have you not used your complimentary SAE-P code from 2016? Make sure to maintain your membership, and you can bank your codes until you’re ready to use them!
How do I obtain my complimentary MOC resources from the Academy?
Upon joining the Academy or renewing membership, Fellow and Associate members will receive one complimentary online self-assessment exam for practitioners (SAE-P) of their choosing from the mē® Catalog
. Members will receive an access code* (via the email provided upon registration/renewal) for an SAE-P that they can use at any time until it expires on December 31, 2017.
AAPM&R now offers all of its Part IV** resources at no cost to members to help you meet this requirement. Check out the mē® Catalog to view available PIPs.
As members have different preferences for when and what they wish to study for the MOC Part III exam, the study tools AAPM&R offers (MOC|3 Courses and Mock Exam***) are not included in your membership. Learn more about Maintenance of Certification.
Renew your Academy membership.
Join the Academy.
Contact AAPM&R Member Services at (847) 737-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all member benefits.
Code is for one-time use on an AAPM&R self-assessment examination for Practitioners (SAE-P) and is non-transferrable. Members can redeem SAE-Ps after the expiration date as long as they maintain their membership. No refunds will be given on SAE-Ps purchased during dues renewal (November 1-December 31, 2016) as the free SAE-P is part of 2017 membership.
** PIP refunds and/or credits will only be given to those members who purchased a PIP between October 31 and November 16, 2015. PIPs cannot be refunded if completed and CME has already been claimed.
***The MOC|3 Online Review Courses and the MOC|3 Online Mock Examination are not endorsed by ABPMR nor was ABPMR involved in the creation of these study tools.
Maintenance of Certification® (MOC®) was developed by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) to improve patient care by ensuring continuous lifelong learning and professional development throughout a physician’s medical career. For board-certified physiatrists, the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR) sets MOC requirements that are customized to the specialty and ensure compliance with ABMS Standards. Recognizing that physicians participating in that process want a variety of options to meet these requirements, your Academy has developed a series of resources that satisfy the different components of MOC. All Academy tools available to help you meet MOC requirements can be found on mē®.