With a fresh new vision and mission for the organization, your Academy is leading the advancement of physiatry’s impact throughout health care. In 2018, membership is even MORE valuable and exciting. Read on to see why!
- Advancing PM&R Bold—AAPM&R is adopting physiatry’s vision to be the Academy’s vision, so that we can support you and the path forward. This means more resources, more education, and more engagement with the entire PM&R community. Learn more here.
- Bundled in with your membership are resources to meet current, fundamental Maintenance of Certification® requirements – valued at $440! Receive complimentary access to all Practice Improvement Projects (PIPs) and a free Self-Assessment Examination for Practitioners (SAE-P). One PIP plus one SAE-P equals 28 CME for free!
- All 2018 AAPM&R members receive a complimentary PM&R Physician Compensation Survey Report – valued at $485! The in-depth report provides up-to-date data on PM&R compensation and benefits.
- The changes in health care are numerous and many are still unknown. AAPM&R is your voice in Washington D.C. and beyond to support the values of physiatry and position the specialty for success in the future.
All of our efforts to advance the specialty so that we thrive, collectively and individually, require the strong support of physiatrists. Maximize your investment in Academy membership by renewing before January 31. Together, we can move the specialty forward and continue advocating for those with disabling conditions.
Physicians have many mandates to meet, and AAPM&R wants to help.
Your Academy is here to help you efficiently meet Maintenance of
Certification® (MOC®) requirements set forth by the American Board of Physical
Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR). A continuous cycle of lifelong learning,
which includes maintenance of certification, helps you remain successful in
practice while maintaining focus on what really matters—the patient. Full-time Associate and Fellow membership includes resources to meet current, fundamental MOC requirements—at no additional cost!
- One complimentary self-assessment exam for practitioners (SAE-P*)—earn 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to meet your annual Part II requirement.
- All practice improvement projects (PIPs**) are available to all members at no cost to meet your Part IV requirement and to help you earn 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Have you not used your complimentary SAE-P code from 2016 or 2017? Make sure to maintain your membership, and you can bank your codes until you’re ready to use them!
How do I obtain my complimentary MOC resources from the Academy?
Upon joining the Academy or renewing membership, Fellow and Associate members will receive 1 complimentary online self-assessment exam for practitioners (SAE-P) of their choosing from the mē® Catalog
. Members will receive an access code* (via the email provided upon registration/renewal) for an SAE-P that they can use at any time, as long as they maintain their membership.
AAPM&R now offers all of its Part IV** resources at no cost to members to help you meet this requirement. Check out the mē® Catalog to view available PIPs.
As members have different preferences for when and what they wish to study for the MOC Part III exam, the study tools AAPM&R offers (MOC|3 Courses and Mock Exam***) are not included in your membership. Learn more about Maintenance of Certification.
Contact AAPM&R Member Services at (847) 737-6000 or email email@example.com.
Code is for one-time use on an AAPM&R self-assessment examination for Practitioners (SAE-P) and is non-transferrable. Members can redeem SAE-Ps after the expiration date as long as they maintain their membership. No refunds will be given on SAE-Ps purchased during dues renewal (November 1-December 31, 2016) as the free SAE-P is part of membership.
** PIP refunds and/or credits will only be given to those members who purchased a PIP between October 31 and November 16, 2015. PIPs cannot be refunded if completed and CME has already been claimed.
***The MOC|3 Online Review Courses and the MOC|3 Online Mock Examination are not endorsed by ABPMR nor was ABPMR involved in the creation of these study tools.
Maintenance of Certification® (MOC®) was developed by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) to improve patient care by ensuring continuous lifelong learning and professional development throughout a physician’s medical career. For board-certified physiatrists, the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR) sets MOC requirements that are customized to the specialty and ensure compliance with ABMS Standards. Recognizing that physicians participating in that process want a variety of options to meet these requirements, your Academy has developed a series of resources that satisfy the different components of MOC. All Academy tools available to help you meet MOC requirements can be found on mē®.