Here is where you’ll find ongoing and one-time only volunteer opportunities to suit your needs. See an opportunity that interests you below? Click on it to learn more. Opportunities are frequently added, so check back often.
To express your interest in being contacted for opportunities in your areas of expertise and interest, update the volunteer section of your member profile.
- Call for Session Proposals, Community Day Session Proposals, and Research Abstracts: Play a major role in the 2019 Annual Assembly by sending us a session proposal, Community Day proposal, and/or research abstract. Proposals are due January 4 and abstracts are due March 8. Learn more.
- Submit Your 2019 Award Nominations: Who do you want to honor for their work in PM&R? Learn more and send us your nominations by February 28, 2019.
- Nominate Academy Leaders: If you have leadership skills and experience, or if you know a colleague who does, tell the Academy. Learn more and submit your nominations by February 28, 2019.
- Submit Your Application for the Academy Leadership Program: Are you an early-career physiatrist who has completed residency, and has been in practice for 3–10 years? Then our Academy Leadership Program might be a great fit for you! Learn more and apply by March 31, 2019.
- Seeking Mentors for Virtual Mentoring Program: Physiatrists who have been out of residency for 6+ years are encouraged to sign up for the new Virtual Mentoring Program to make an impact on the future of physiatry. Learn more and register.
- Join the AAPM&R Faculty Team: Are you interested in presenting at an AAPM&R event? Do you have expertise in a physiatry-focused topic? Then nominate yourself to be part of our faculty. Or, let us know what other presenters you would recommend or would like to see again—please complete this survey.
- Request for Instructional Video Faculty: The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is looking for subject matter experts to develop a library of educational instructional videos to be featured on me.aapmr.org. Learn more.
- Call for PM&R Reviewers: PM&R is looking to expand its pool of peer reviewers. Responsibilities include providing timely, honest, and constructive review of manuscripts assessing importance, quality, and credibility. Interested in volunteering? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't see an opportunity that interests you?
The Academy can still match you to other opportunities. Update the Volunteer section of your member profile to tell us your volunteer interests/preferences.
Ongoing AAPM&R Volunteer Opportunities