Looking for ways to give back to your Academy and the PM&R specialty? Utilize the AAPM&R Volunteer Match Tool – a resource designed to connect you with current opportunities and initiatives within the Academy.
AAPM&R Volunteer Match Tool
Here is where you’ll find ongoing and one-time only volunteer opportunities to suit your needs. See an opportunity that interests you below? Click on it to learn more. Opportunities are frequently added, so check back often.
To express your interest in being contacted for opportunities in your areas of expertise and interest, update the volunteer section of your member profile.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Seeking Liaison to American Medical Association’s Young Physicians Section: The American Medical Association Young Physicians Section (AMA-YPS) focuses on the concerns of those physicians under 40 years of age or within the first 8 years of professional practice after residency and fellowship training. The AMA-YPS' major goal is to strengthen the value of AMA young physician membership. Learn more and apply by March 26.
- 2018 Call for PhyzTalks: Submit your story to become a featured presenter at the Annual Assembly’s popular Sunday morning plenary. The top submissions will be invited to present their story live in a fun, real-time competition where the winner - chosen by the audience - will receive a FREE registration to next year’s Assembly. Learn more and apply by May 1.
- Join the AAPM&R Faculty Team: Are you interested in presenting at an AAPM&R event? Do you have expertise in a physiatry-focused topic? Then nominate yourself to be part of our faculty. Or, let us know what other presenters you would recommend or would like to see again—please complete this survey.
- Request for Instructional Video Faculty: The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is looking for subject matter experts to develop a library of educational instructional videos to be featured on me.aapmr.org. Learn more.
- Call for PM&R Reviewers: PM&R is looking to expand its pool of peer reviewers. Responsibilities include providing timely, honest, and constructive review of manuscripts assessing importance, quality, and credibility. Interested in volunteering? Send an email to email@example.com.
Don't see an opportunity that interests you?
The Academy can still match you to other opportunities. Update the Volunteer section of your member profile to tell us your volunteer interests/preferences.
Ongoing AAPM&R Volunteer Opportunities