AAPM&R is seeking volunteers to assist the Academy in developing education programs and resources for physiatrists looking to serve or newly serving as a medical director in a rehabilitation facility (including SNFs and IRFs).
Criteria for Ideal Candidates
The Academy is seeking volunteers who are currently medical directors (or have been in the past) who are able to work with the Practice Preparedness Committee and potentially other work groups to:
- Identify knowledge gaps and educational needs of physiatrists seeking a future medical director position.
- Assist in developing education and resources, including defining learning objectives, outlining key topic areas and identifying faculty for education programs.
Volunteers should be available to participate on the work group for 6-8 months. All members of the work group are expected to be active by participating on 4-6 conference calls, email discussions, responding to requests, and offering comments when necessary.
Click here to send the National Office the following requisite materials:
- The name of the physiatrist interested in participating
- Indicate if the position of medical director is currently held or has been in the past
- Brief statement of interest with current contact/bio information
To be considered for similar positions in the future, update the volunteer section of your member profile.