As the primary medical society for the specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R), AAPM&R is proud to offer a variety of career and patient resources for Academy members, their patients and their families. Explore below to learn more about our latest offerings.
Conditions and Treatments
- Physiatrists evaluate and treat patients with short- or long-term physical and/or cognitive impairments and disabilities that result from musculoskeletal conditions (neck or back pain, or sports or work injuries), neurological conditions (stroke, brain injury or spinal cord injury) or medical other conditions. Our goal is to decrease pain and enhance performance without surgery.
- View a list of the most common PM&R-related conditions treated by physiatrists, including post-stroke pain and traumatic brain injury.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine is an exciting new clinical pathway for physiatry, offering rewarding work for physicians who practice in this area. Learn more in this series of FAQs.
- Educate physicians, administrators, and patients about the different levels of care and the role of a physiatrist at each level, based on current Stroke Patient Care guidelines.
Practice Preparedness Resources
The Academy offers a wide range of resources for physiatrists to help improve their practice functionality, including:
Career Development Resources
The complimentary resources below were developed for residents and physiatrists in the first few years of practice:
Job and Fellowship Board
Explore the largest PM&R-dedicated job board to find the latest job and fellowship postings.
Need help navigating the Job and Fellowship Board?
What is a Physiatrist?
Foundations, Associations, and Societies
- View a list of foundations, associations, and societies that patients of PM&R physicians may find of interest.