Saturday, October 27
8 am-4 pm
Hyatt Regency Orlando
Learn all about the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation, and why this multi-disciplinary specialty is right for you! Medical students who attend this program will hear from practicing physiatrists about the diversity of practice environments within the specialty including the clinical, lifestyle, and socioeconomic aspects. Included in this 1-day event is the Residency Fair where medical students can meet with representatives from several PM&R programs who will provide information about their respective programs and what they are looking for in applicants.
Why is this important to medical students?
- Learn and understand the specialty.
- Opportunity to meet with several programs in one location.
- Network with peers and attendings.
"As a medical student interested in PM&R, the medical student program and residency fair were wonderful opportunities to learn from residents."—2017 Attendee
Regency Ballroom P; 8 am-10 am
- Morning lectures with light refreshments.
- Chairman’s Lecture—William Micheo, MD, FAAPMR, AAPM&R Past President - "Learning, Teaching, and Mentoring In Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Lessons Learned Over 30 Years"
- PM&R Specialty Lecture—Jonathan Finnoff, DO, FAAPMR - "How To Become An Olympic Team Physician"
- Resident Panel—Hear from current PM&R residents about what the experience is like. There will be time for questions.
Regency Ballroom O; 10:10 am-12 pm
- Demonstrations of Procedures Used in PM&R Practices.
- EMG/NCV—Lisa Pascual, MD, FAAPMR
- Spinal Injections—Martin Lanoff, MD, FAAPMR
- Prosthetics and Orthotics—Heikki Uustal, MD, FAAPMR
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound—Christopher Wolf, DO, FAAPMR
Regency Ballroom Q; 2 pm-4 pm
- Residency Fair—Meet with representatives from several PM&R residency programs across the country.
How to Register:
- Registration for this program is free to all medical student members of AAPM&R.
- Not an AAPM&R member? Download a membership application here.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- CME credits are not available.
- For a fee, medical students have the option to register for this program and to attend courses and events at the Annual Assembly and the PM&R Pavilion.
Saturday, October 27 | 2 pm-4 pm
Program Directors: Participate in this year’s PM&R Residency Fair
The Residency Fair, held during the Medical Student Program, allows for face-to-face time between program directors and medical students who are interested in PM&R. It introduces medical students to the specialty and what it means to be a physiatrist, plus the fair is a great opportunity to promote your program.
AAPM&R has presented this free program for medical students at the Annual Assembly for the past 10 years, representing PM&R residencies from all across the country. Last year, more than 300 medical students attended, providing extremely positive feedback on the program. View a list of current participating programs.
Register here if you would like your program to participate in the Residency Fair.
*Faculty and content subject to change.