A BOLD New Vision for Physiatry Defined by YOU!
In 2017, your Academy adopted a new vision statement, which is also the specialty’s vision, by incorporating the input of thousands of physiatrists through the Visioning PM&R BOLD initiative. AAPM&R will ensure that:
Physiatrists are the essential medical experts in value-based evaluation, diagnosis, and management of neuromusculoskeletal and disabling conditions.
Physiatrists are indispensable leaders in directing rehabilitation and recovery, and in preventing injury and disease.
Physiatrists are vital in optimizing outcomes and function early and throughout the continuum of patient care.
We have ONE vision, but it will play out in many ways across different practice areas including Musculoskeletal Care, Acute/Post-Acute Care, Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine and Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine. This is why the Academy is committed to bringing physiatrists together to:
- Lead together
- Learn from one another
- Engage in critical conversations
- Highlight emerging best practices
- Identify and address the barriers as well as the opportunities ahead of us
Because we are stronger together.
Learn More and Get Involved at #AAPMR2019
Attend the Advancing Physiatry’s Future: PM&R BOLD Informational Session on Thursday, November 14 from 2 pm-3:15 pm to learn more about the vision, the envisioned futures for practice areas, and the work being done to address barriers for physiatry.
- Do you want to explore what the vision looks like in practice areas including Musculoskeletal Care, Acute/Post-Acute Care, Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine?
- Do you want to know more about the steps we’re taking to address necessary GME changes?
- Do you want to know what’s being done to ensure key stakeholders understand the value of physiatrists?
These are examples of the key issues the Academy is tackling on behalf of all physiatrists to fulfill the vision. Join us in San Antonio to learn more.
Attend 1 of 4 PM&R BOLD Learning Collaboratives. These 3-hour sessions are meant to dive deep and center around dialogue with your peers. We’ll be tackling tough issues and learning more about changes in health care and the affects on the specialty.
Topics may include training and core service discussions, conversations around how we can position physiatry well with other specialties and system, how we utilize technology to advance and practice and how co-management models can help extend the influence of PM&R across many settings.
Advancing Physiatry’s Future: Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Learning Collaborative
- Thursday, November 14 | 2 pm-5 pm
Advancing Physiatry’s Future: Acute/Post-Acute Care Continuum Learning Collaborative
- Friday, November 15 | 8 am-11 am
Advancing Physiatry’s Future: Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine Learning Collaborative
- Friday, November 15 | 2 pm-5 pm
Advancing Physiatry’s Future: Musculoskeletal Medicine Learning Collaborative
- Saturday, November 16 | 2 pm-5 pm
More information about PM&R BOLD and opportunities to get involved can be found here.