AAPM&R will provide consistent updates on our advocacy outreach efforts, the Multi-Disciplinary PASC Collaborative and other relevant information to our Long COVID initiative.
Multi-Disciplinary PASC Committee Workgroups in Full Force
The Multi-Disciplinary PASC Committee remains hard at work. Here's a peek at the busy work they've been doing:
- The committee's consensus statement methodology and fatigue clincial consensus statement were submitted for publication this past week.
- The Breathing Group met this week to prepare their assessment and treatment statements for a full collaborative vote.
- The Cognitive Impairment Group worked to finalize their assessment and treatment statements for a final collaborative vote and will submit their consensus statement for publication in the coming weeks.
- The Clinic Infrastructure Group has begun documenting their survey results of how clinics are currently set up.
- The Pediatric Group also met and is continuing to explore how to incorporate pediatrics into its work.
Next Week: AAPM&R's Virtual Hill Day
Our Health Policy & Legislation Committee is meeting next week for their virtual Hill Day on June 17. One of the big focus areas will be Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC or Long COVID). Our call to action sign-on letter that calls for a comprehensive national plan to defeat Long COVID now has 75+ signatures, and will be heavily featured during our Hill Day. Learn more and stay tuned for updates!