AAPM&R will provide consistent updates on our advocacy outreach efforts, the Multi-Disciplinary PASC Collaborative and other relevant information on our Long COVID initiative.
Multi-Disciplinary PASC Collaborative Update
On July 13 we held our 5th collaborative call. The collaborative's guidance statements will be released on a rolling basis:
- The Fatigue consensus guidance is in its final stage of review.
- The Cognitive Impairment consensus statement will be ready for submission soon.
- We finalized voting for the Breath Discomfort Assessment and Treatment Recommendation Sets.
- The collaborative participants brainstormed cardiac automatic issues and will begin to develop draft statements for next month's collaborative.
- We are kicking off the neuropsychology writing group as our next area of focus soon.
The collaborative will begin highlighting PASC clinics via case studies, showcasing the valiant efforts of these clinics to treat their PASC population as well as the barriers they continue to face to provide multi-disciplinary care. Join us on our call to action journey!
CDC Announces Approval of ICD-10 Code for Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19
We are excited to share that on June 30, 2021, the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced ICD-10 code U09.9 Post COVID-19 condition, unspecified, was approved for implementation effective October 1, 2021. AAPM&R has actively advocated in favor of specific ICD-10 coding for post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 as a critical step for long-term patient care as well as for tracking and research purposes. Read more on our website.