Q&A Session: Learn More About Leading an AAPM&R Member Community
Thursday, May 6 at 6:30 pm (CT)
Are you interested in serving as a community leader, but you have questions about what it takes to serve in this role? During this webinar, current Member Community chairs discussed what it takes to lead engaging communities.
- Joline E. Brandenburg, MD, FAAPMR
- Chair of the Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Member Community
- R. Samuel Mayer, MD, FAAPMR
- Chair of the Medical Educators Member Community
- Stuart J. Glassman, MD, MBA, FAAPMR
- Chair of the Business of Healthcare Physiatrists Member Community
Here are the Top 5 takeaways from our Q&A session:
- All the member communities are different with very different goals. Some are social and focused on networking and connecting while others value education and learning clinical topics. They all meet different member needs.
- Don’t be afraid to initiate a discussion. This is how members of the community stay engaged.
- Now is the time for new leadership and new ideas. Step up!
- Know what you want from your community. As chair, you get out of it what you determine is important.
- Residents and Early Career members can serve as chair. Throw your name in the hat! Senior Academy leaders will be available to support you.
AAPM&R's Call for Member Community Leadership Nominations opened May 1. Apply today! We're looking forward to your participation.