AAPM&R Member Communities are self-identified, organically established communities offering opportunities for members to connect with each other, share experiences, and advance the future of the specialty together! Find more information about Member Communities here.
AAPM&R hosted a self-nomination process for members seeking to be elected as chair of our Member Communities. Each Member Community must have 1 chair. Note that the Cancer Rehabilitation, Central Nervous System, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Member Communities were seeking additional volunteer leader positions.
Please vote for a Member Community chair or other leadership position for any member community listed below where we received more than one nominee for a leadership position. Click here to vote by September 12th.
To view on the personal statements for each nominee, click here. To view their CV, click on each nominee's name.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine Vice Chair
Karl Klamar, MD
Samman Shahpar, MD
- Cancer Rehabilitation Medicine Secretary
Leslie Bagay, MD
Alecia Daunter, MD
- Interventional Pain Chair
David Lee, MD
S. Ali Mostoufi, MD
- Para/Adaptive Athletes and Sports Chair
Jonathan Napolitano, MD
Melissa Tinney, MD
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Education Vice Chair
Mary Dubon, MD
Sruthi Thomas, DO
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Current Fellows/Combination Residents and Future Candidates Chair
Deanna Jewell, DO
Dara Jones, MD
Theodore Yip, MD
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Fellowship Program Director Chair
Amy Kanallakan, MD
David Pruitt, MD
- Physiatry Life Care Planners Chair
Walter Friberg, MD
Sasha Iversen, DO
- Sports Medicine Current Fellows and Future Candidates Chair
Shane Davis, MD
Stephanie Tow, MD
Many of the communities had uncontested nominees. To see who these new chairs and leaders are, click here.