Physicians, practice managers, administrators, and more gathered in Chicago on April 29-30 to master their coding and reimbursement skills at the ICD-10 and Coding & Reimbursement Workshops.
The workshops walked attendees through important lessons including:
Friday Course: ICD-10 Coding and Clinical Documentation Excellence: Taking It to the Next Level
- Recognize the basic format, structure, and guidelines in ICD-10-CM.
- Document correctly to support medical necessity for pain coding.
- Recognize the importance of developing a Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Program.
- Learn key CDI tips for ICD-10-CM documentation and coding.
- Incorporate CDI in your daily workflow.
- Avoid documentation deficiencies that can result in payer audits, recovery of reimbursement, and/or fines and penalties.
Saturday Course: Strategic Coding & Reimbursement 2016
- Correctly use, document, and bill for E/M services in the office, inpatient, and skilled nursing facility settings.
- Properly bill and document supervision for non-physician providers.
- Prevent common denials that result from the incorrect use of modifiers.
- Choose the right codes and modifiers for diagnostic testing.
- Code and bill with confidence for injections and other therapeutic and surgical procedures.
Want to participate in this important learning opportunity? Sign up for an upcoming course in Nashville or Chicago!