- Patricia Bornhorst, DO, physiatrist at Washington Health System’s Physical Medicine and Sports Rehabilitation Program and team physician for the Washington Wild Things and the Pennsylvania Rebellion, discusses her cancer diagnosis and how that sparked her interest in becoming a physician. Read more.
- Neilly Buckalew, MD and Tim Ferrell, MD, physiatrists and medical directors at the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northwest in Post Falls, ID, discuss the PM&R specialty and their work as physiatrists in the article, “Making a person whole again. Physiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in nonsurgical-based approaches to medical conditions and disability.” Read more.
- Andrea Cheville, MD, physical medicine and rehabilitation researcher and director of the Cancer Rehabilitation Program at Mayo Clinic, has been elected to the National Academy of Medicine. Being elected to the Academy, formerly known as the Institute of Medicine, is considered one of the highest honors in health and medicine. Congratulations, Dr. Cheville! Read more.
- David Crandell, MD, medical director of the Amputee Program at Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, discusses the recovery of retired Marine Sgt. John Peck after he received a bilateral arm transplant after becoming a quad amputee in 2010. Read more.
- Scott Laker, MD, physiatrist at UCHealth is featured in the article, "White Coat Confidential." Read more.
- Michael McLeod, MD, physiatrist at Premier Pain Consultants in San Antonio, TX, has been welcomed to the International Association of HealthCare Professionals through his upcoming publication in The Leading Physicians of the World. Congratulations, Dr. McLeod! Read more.
- Scott J. Primack, DO, physical medicine and rehabilitation physician at Colorado Rehabilitation & Occupational Medicine, has been named a 2016 Top Doctor in Greenwood Village, Colorado. Top Doctor Awards is dedicated to selecting and honoring those health care practitioners who have demonstrated clinical excellence while delivering the highest standards of patient care. Congratulations, Dr. Primack! Read more.
- Susan L. Swint, MD, physiatrist at Friendship Health and Rehab, discusses the "Myths about Pain Management" and her role as a physiatrist. Read more.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.