Volunteers are needed for the Academy’s expert item writing committee charged with the development of educational resources for practicing physiatrists and residents.
Committee members will receive question writing orientation and ongoing development and coaching to become expert question writers. While committee members will write questions on all topics, this year we seek physicians with expertise in either spinal cord injury, pain rehabilitation, amputation or prosthetics and gait.
Members of the Self-Assessment Committee serve as expert question writers and are responsible for:
- The composition of questions, selection of appropriate references, and development of a comprehensive explanation for the correct answer to the question
- Meeting product development related deadlines
Question Formats the Committee develops include:
- Self-Assessment Examinations for Practitioners (SAE-Ps) that are MOC|2 products designed to help members meet ABPMR Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part II requirements
- Journal CME (offered monthly)
- Self-Assessment Examinations for Residents and question bank products
- Committee appointment term is for 3 years with the potential to renew for a second, 3-year term
- Work remotely year round
- Attend 1-2 in-person meetings per year*
- Participate in webinars or calls as needed
*SAE writers are eligible for Item Writing CME when there is a live peer review meeting.
To indicate your interest in this opportunity, please submit a brief statement of interest and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21, 2016. Include “SAE Committee” in the subject line of your communication.