CECity, our vendor for PQRSwizard (an online reporting tool which allows for individual EPs to report their PQRS data), is hosting several informational webinars in the coming weeks:
Physicians must successfully participate in PQRS in 2016 to avoid up to an 8-10% penalty in 2018. The Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) is a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)-mandated quality reporting program that gives eligible professionals (EPs) incentives and negative payment adjustments to promote reporting of quality information.
Why Participate in PQRS?
- Physicians who successfully participate in PQRS will avoid a penalty in 2018.
- Physicians who choose not to participate in 2016 will be subject to a 2% penalty on all their 2018 Medicare Part B, Medicare as a Secondary Payer, and Railroad Medicare allowables.
- Non-PQRS reporters will also experience an additional penalty under the Value-Based Payment Modifier Program, potentially an additional 2-4% penalty.
Important PQRS Dates:
- February 24, 2017: Last day that 2016 claims will be processed to be counted for PQRS reporting to determine the 2018 payment adjustment.
- February 28, 2017
- Last day to submit 2016 clinical quality measures (CQMs) for dual participation in PQRS and the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program.
- Last day for qualified clinical data registries (QCDRs) and EHRs to submit 2016 data.
Learn more or give us a call at (847) 737-6000 for additional assistance, if needed.