The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released information regarding their Web Interface and the Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS survey.
What You Should Know:
- If you are a group with over 25 providers, you CAN use the option below to report MIPS, but don’t have to. If you choose to use the CMS web-interface, you must register before June 30, 2017.
- If you are a group with less than 25 providers, you CAN'T use the below option to report MIPS and you do not need to register with CMS.
- If you have less than 25 providers in your practice or don’t want to use the CMS Web Interface or CAHPS Reporting, check out the Spine Quality Outcomes Database (SQOD) to fulfill your MIPS requirements.
CMS Reporting Option Information:
Groups participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) track of the Quality Payment Program are not required to register, except for groups that intend to utilize the CMS Web Interface and/or administer the Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS survey. To register, please visit the Quality Payment Program website. The registration period is from April 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017.
Under MIPS, a group is defined as a single Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with two or more eligible clinicians (including at least one MIPS eligible clinician), as identified by their National Provider Identifiers (NPI), who have reassigned their billing rights to the TIN. Eligible clinicians who participate as a group will be assessed a at a group level across all four MIPS performance categories. The group will receive one payment adjustment for the group’s performance.
Note: Groups that participate in a Shared Savings Program ACO are not required to register or report; the Shared Savings Program ACO is required to report quality measures on behalf of participating eligible clinicians for purposes of MIPS.
For 2017, only groups of 25 or more eligible clinicians that have registered can report via the CMS Web Interface. Groups that participate in MIPS through qualified registry, qualified clinical data registry, or electronic health record data submission mechanisms do not need to register. For 2017, only groups of 2 or more eligible clinicians that have registered can participate in the CAHPS for MIPS survey.
As a courtesy, CMS automatically registered groups for the CMS Web Interface for the 2017 performance period that previously registered for group reporting under the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) via the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Web Interface. If you need to remove your registration for Web Interface submission because your group now has fewer than 25 eligible clinicians, you should “cancel” your registration. If your group wants to administer the CAHPS for MIPS survey, your group will need to make an election via the registration system.
The registration period for groups who choose Web Interface or CAHPS for MIPS Survey as their data submission method is April 1 – June 30, 2017.
Note: For individual or group participation, registration is not required for any other submission method.
How to Register
To register, visit Quality Payment Program website. You will need a valid Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account with a Physician Value – Physician Quality Reporting System (PV-PQRS) role in order to register.
EIDM Account Information
- Open a New Account: To create or modify an EIDM account, review the Guide for Obtaining a New EIDM Account.
- Reactivate an Account: To reactivate or confirm the status of an account, contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222) or firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time and provide the group name and TIN.
- Use a Current Account: To request a role to access the ‘Physician Quality and Value Programs’ application in the CMS Enterprise Portal, review the Guide for Obtaining a ‘Physician Quality and Value Programs’ Role for an Existing EIDM User.