AAPM&R has an awards program to recognize members who deserve the applause of their peers. Each year, Academy members are asked to submit awards nominations to recognize lifetime achievement, distinguished membership, public service, and pioneering physiatrists, clinicians, and researchers who have made significant contributions to both the specialty and to people with disabilities.
Please join AAPM&R and the Awards Committee in congratulating this year’s AAPM&R awards recipients, who will be honored at the AAPM&R 2017 Annual Assembly.
- Frank H. Krusen, MD Lifetime Achievement Award: Kathleen R. Bell, MD, FAAPMR
- Distinguished Member Award: Flora M. Hammond, MD, FAAPMR
- Distinguished Clinician Award: Katharine E. Alter, MD, FAAPMR; John R. Parziale, MD, FAAPMR; Joel Stein, MD, FAAPMR
Distinguished Public Service: Cheri A. Blauwet, MD, FAAPMR
PASSOR Legacy Award and Lectureship: Heidi Prather, DO, FAAPMR
Outstanding Council Service Award Recipients:
- Central Nervous System Rehabilitation Council: Cindy B. Ivanhoe, MD, FAAPMR
- General and Medical Rehabilitation Council: David S. Zucker, MD, PhD, FAAPMR
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Council: Kenneth R. Mautner, MD, FAAPMR
- Pain Medicine/Neuromuscular Medicine Council: Gerald J. Herbison, MD, FAAPMR
- Pediatric Rehabilitation/Developmental Disabilities Council: Susan D. Apkon, MD, FAAPMR