- Barbara Browne, MD, FAAPMR, medical director of Magee Rehabilitation’s stroke and geriatrics program, has been named a “Top Doc” in physical medicine and rehabilitation by Philadelphia magazine. Learn more.
- Katherine Dec, MD, FAAPMR, professor in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, was installed as the new president of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) on Thursday, May 11. Dr. Dec is also the first PM&R president of AMSSM.
- Michael Fredericson, MD, FAAPMR, director of physical medicine and rehabilitation at Stanford Health Care and Mederic Hall, MD, FAAPMR, a sports medicine physiatrist at the University of Iowa Health Care, discuss the importance of seeking medical attention early in this U.S. News & World Report article. Read more.
- Stanley Herring, MD, FAAPMR, director of the University of Washington Sports Health and Safety Institute, discusses why the new concussion protocol should not keep kids off the playing field and why exercise is essential to a child’s long-term health in this article in The Seattle Times. Read more.
- Lanvin Taylor, DO, FAAPMR, physiatrist at IRMC Physician Group in Pennsylvania, discusses all about the specialty of physiatry in this article in the Olean Times Herald. Read more.
- Matthew Terzella, MD, FAAPMR, is now a partner at Piedmont Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, PA in Greenville, SC. Read more.
- Michael Yochelson, MD, MBA, FAAPMR, vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network, has been named the chief medical officer at Shepherd Center in Atlanta, starting September 2017. Read more.
- Richard Zorowitz, MD, FAAPMR, attending physician at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network, has been elected to the Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement (PCPI) Foundation Board of Directors. He will serve a 2-year term as the official AAPM&R representative. Thank you, Dr. Zorowitz for representing physiatry and the Academy!
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: AAPM&R reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or content may not be considered in the best interests of AAPM&R or its members.