PM&R iPad App Now Available
What is the PM&R iPad app?
The PM&R iPad app provides members and subscribers mobile access to journal content from January 2011 forward, including abstracts, tables of contents, and full text articles.
How do I download the app?
To download the PM&R app, go to the App Store via your iPad and search for the journal name, or click the App Store link below. You will need an Apple ID in order to download the PM&R app.
What do I do after I download the app?
Once you have downloaded the app, you will find it in the Newsstand folder. Access to abstract and full-text content is only available to AAPM&R member subscribers and other individual subscribers. To access the full content, you will need to register on the PM&R Journal website.
How do I get a username and password that I can use with the app?
If you have already registered and claimed access on the PM&R Journal website, you have a valid username and password. Please use that when prompted on the PM&R iPad app to log in as an existing subscriber.
If you have not yet registered and claimed access, please follow the directions below:
Registering on the PM&R Journal Website
- Go to http://pmrjournal.org/claim.
- If you are a new user, you will need to register with the Journal. Enter your email address (username) and click Continue (next to Register a New Account).
- On the confirmation page, click the Claim access to full text articles link near the bottom of the page.
- On the Claim Your Online Access page, follow the appropriate instruction below.
- AAPM&R Members: Click I receive my subscription through a society membership. Select your society name from the list displayed. Insert your AAPM&R member number and last name. If you do not know your member number, contact AAPM&R customer service at (847) 737-6000.
- Non-Member Subscribers: Click I have purchased a personal subscription. Insert your account number and last name. (Refer to the label image to find your account number.)
- If you receive a message that says “Your Society sponsored access is no longer current”, you have actually already registered and should be able to read full text articles and access the iPad app by logging in with your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, click here.
- Click Continue. Then on the Online Access Claimed page, click Finish.
Upon returning to the journal site, you will only need to log in with your username (email) and password to access the full text online.
You can now also access to the full journal content on the PM&R iPad app!
If you have been reading the full text of PM&R at pmrjournal.org through the seamless access provided at the AAPM&R home page, you probably have not yet registered on the journal website and claimed your access. We encourage you to do so now, following the instructions above so that you can use your username and password to access the PM&R iPad app.
NOTE: You can continue to read full text content at pmrjournal.org via the AAPM&R website as you currently do.
If you have questions about using or accessing the PM&R Journal and iPad app, contact customer service for the PM&R Journal:
North America and Rest of World
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 6:00pm, CST
Tel: (800) 654-2452 (Toll Free US & Canada)
Tel: (314) 447-8871 (Outside US & Canada)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, GMT
Tel: +44 1865-843177