- In-Person Networking: Connecting face-to-face with your peers is extremely valuable to your professional development and expanding your network. The Academy offers a variety of ways to network in-person:
- Member Councils: Offer opportunities for collaboration and contributions of expertise to the general work of the Academy in the areas of research, education, and advocacy. There are five Councils defined by specific areas of interest for members. You may join as many Councils that interest you.
- PhyzForum: An online peer network that connects members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Members collaborate to share insights, expertise, and resources. Want to find out what others are doing in practice? Post a question! Have a difficult case and need some direction? Share it with the community for input.
Full-time fellow and associate memberships now include the resources to meet current, fundamental MOC requirements, including 1 complimentary self-assessment exam for practitioners (SAE-P) each year, plus complimentary access to all practice improvement projects (PIPs). Find and claim these free resources on the Academy's mē® website, your destination for essential clinical and practice resources. You now receive up to 44 complimentary CME credits with your membership!
- In-Person Education: The Academy brings the top minds in the specialty together to share expertise and provide hands-on training for physiatrists. Members receive significant discounts on in-person training opportunities.
- Online Education: The Academy understands that in-person training may not always be an option. Fulfill your CME and MOC requirements through mē®, the Academy’s online education portal. Resources are available for a significant discount (up to 50%!) or are free for Academy members!
AAPM&R legislative advocacy activities inform policymakers about issues affecting the health care and quality of life of people with disabilities. The Academy also maintains a strong Washington presence to help protect member interests in physician payment and regulatory issues.
- PM&R, the Academy’s official peer-reviewed, scientific journal has been created specifically for the physical medicine and rehabilitation physician. Receive a complimentary issue of the journal each month. Also, as a member you can submit a manuscript, and obtain free CME each month!
- Poster Presentations: Each year at the Annual Assembly, members have the opportunity to present their research findings to attendees in the Poster Hall. All selected abstracts are also published and distributed in conjunction with PM&R—your Academy's official scientific journal.
- Job and Fellowship Fair: Each year, AAPM&R hosts the largest job fair specific to PM&R. Network face-to-face with representatives from more than 100 institutions and practices, and leave a lasting impression.
- The Physiatrists’ Job and Fellowship Board: Posting your resume to the Physiatrists’ Job and Fellowship Board spreads your outreach and gives your resume more value and exposure among health care employers.
- Career Corner: A monthly professional development enewsletter to help connect physiatrists to their dream jobs.
News & Information
- www.aapmr.org: This website is continually updated with the latest in news and resources, so that you have a go-to resource 24/7. Several areas of the website are exclusive to Academy members.
- The Physiatrist: Published 10 times each year, The Physiatrist updates you on Academy activities and programs, legislative actions, practice and socioeconomic issues, educational courses, and specialty developments. The newsletter also features classified advertising for employment opportunities.
- Connection: For late breaking news, the Academy also publishes a bi-monthly enewsletter offering you the most recent updates in your specialty.
- Position Statements & White Papers: Members have access to more than 50 position statements and white papers that have been developed in response to specific legislative, regulatory, economic, and technological issues.