- Kathleen Bell, MD, AAPM&R past president and chair of the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at UT Southwestern Medical Center, was interviewed by iHEART radio this week about concussion. The segment will air on Sunday, February 7 at 11 am CT on 1190 Talk Radio Dallas. You can also listen to the segment online as well as their app. Be sure to tune in!
- Brenda Dierschke, MD, was recently hired as a physiatrist at ThedaCare Orthopedic Care in Appleton, WI. Congratulations, Dr. Dierschke! Learn more.
- Andy Donlan, MD, MS, discusses Deputy Dave Dempsey's rehabilitation after he was shot in the head 6 weeks ago while responding to an armed robbery. Learn more.
- Andrew Haig, MD, president of Haig et al., Consulting and professor emeritus, active at the University of Michigan, published his article, “Improved Spine Care Means Giving Physiatrists Playing Time,” in Managed Care magazine. Learn more.
- Javier Soares-Velez, MD, was recently hired as a physiatrist at Riverview Medical Center and Bayshore Community Hospital in Red Bank, NJ. Congratulations, Dr. Soares-Velez! Learn more.
Do you have a newsworthy story to share with your peers? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.