Why Should I Renew?
As the primary medical society for the specialty of PM&R, your Academy is focused on moving the specialty and you forward. The value of your Academy membership and what it supports directly aligns to the needs of the specialty. Your Academy is focused on:
- Providing you complimentary resources to meet MOC requirements, in addition to CME to meet licensure mandates.
- Providing you with the advanced clinical skills to meet future PM&R opportunities and career enhancements
- Leading you through the transitions occurring in the business of health care
- Advocating to strengthen the specialty
Member Benefits for In-Training Members
- NEW early-career resources, such as helping you identify the right practice setting, as well as time and relationship management.
- Real-time updates on priority issues that affect the entire specialty through member communications, including Connection and The Physiatrist.
- Job alerts on the Physiatrists’ Job and Fellowship Board.
- Access to essential practice resources, including free webinars that focus on issues directly related to physiatry.
- Key health policy/advocacy updates and resources to help you succeed in today’s health care environment.
- Networking opportunities through Member Councils, PhyzForum, and the Annual Assembly.
- And more!
View all Academy benefits—plus special benefits just for residents and medical students!
How Do I Know If I’m Eligible to Renew?
You are eligible to renew if:
- You're a medical student member with a subscription to the PM&R Journal (Medical Student Member)
- You’re a resident member who pays for your own membership (Resident Member)
- Does your program pay for your membership? If so, your program coordinator will complete your renewal and no action is needed on your part.
- You graduated from residency in 2017 (Associate Year-One Member)
- You're 1 year post-residency and:
- Not sure? Contact the Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can I Renew My Dues?
There are 3 ways to renew your membership dues:
Click here to log in. Dues renewal is now on the mē® website and log in is required. A dues renewal box will appear on the left-hand side of the page after you log in. Upon completion and submission of your online dues renewal, you will receive a confirmation receipt at your preferred email address in your member profile. All electronic submissions and transactions are secure.
- By Mail
Simply enclose your payment with a copy of your invoice and mail it to the new remittance address:
PO Box 95528
Chicago, IL 60694-5528
- By Phone
Call the AAPM&R Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 from 8:30 am–5 pm (CT) to renew over the phone. When renewing over the phone, you must pay with a credit card.
If you experience difficulty at any point during the renewal process, please do not hesitate to contact AAPM&R Member Services at (847) 737-6000 or by email at email@example.com.
Not Seeing the Dues Renewal Box on mē®?
That means it is not time for you to renew yet, or your membership may have lapsed! Please call our Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 to confirm your renewal status.