Moving Physiatry Forward
AAPM&R has been on a journey since 2016, gaining member input to create a new vision for the specialty. We gathered input from thousands of members and ultimately identified and created a unified vision for physiatry:
- Physiatrists are the essential medical experts in value-based evaluation, diagnosis, and management of neuromusculoskeletal and disabling conditions.
- Physiatrists are indispensable leaders in directing rehabilitation and recovery, and in preventing injury and disease.
- Physiatrists are vital in optimizing outcomes and function early and throughout the continuum of patient care.
Now, the Academy is focused on how we can transform the specialty and make this vision a reality. To do this, we need the entire specialty to support this effort and get involved. We are stronger together!
How Do I Know If I’m Eligible to Renew?
You are eligible to renew if:
- You're a medical student member interested in subscribing to the PM&R Journal (Medical Student Member)
- You’re a resident member who pays for your own membership (Resident Member)
- Does your program pay for your membership? If so, your program coordinator will complete your renewal and no action is needed on your part.
- You graduated from residency in 2018 or 2019 and are going into practice (Early-Career Member)
- Interested in the early-career payment plan option? Complete this form and send it back to us.
- You graduated from residency in 2019 and are beginning a fellowship (Associate Fellow)
Not Seeing the Dues Renewal Box on mē®?
That means it is not time for you to renew yet, or your membership may have lapsed! Please call our Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 to confirm your renewal status.
When Should I Renew By?
The official AAPM&R Resident, Early-Career, and Associate Fellow membership renewal deadline is September 30, 2019. AAPM&R encourages members to renew their dues in a timely manner to avoid a lapse in membership benefits, and eliminate unnecessary communications related to dues renewal.
How Can I Renew My Dues?
There are 3 ways to renew your membership dues:
Click here to log in. Dues renewal is on the mē® website and log in is required. A dues renewal box will appear on the left-hand side of the page after you log in. Upon completion and submission of your online dues renewal, you will receive a confirmation receipt at your preferred email address in your member profile. All electronic submissions and transactions are secure.
- By Mail
Simply enclose your payment with a copy of your invoice and mail it to this address:
PO Box 95528
Chicago, IL 60694-5528
- By Phone
Call the AAPM&R Member Services team at (847) 737-6000 from 8:30 am–5 pm (CT) to renew over the phone. When renewing over the phone, you must pay with a credit card.
If you experience difficulty at any point during the renewal process, please do not hesitate to contact AAPM&R Member Services at (847) 737-6000 or by email at email@example.com.
Don't Forget to Update Your Member Profile!
Ensure your practice and contact information in your member profile is up-to-date by clicking here. This is the best way to make sure you are visible in the Find a PM&R Physician tool and to confirm that you receive important communications regarding Academy and PM&R-specialty news.