Whether you have 1 hour to spend with us or a few hours each week, we have the right position on our Team Physiatry roster to match your interests, skills, and goals. Check out the categories and opportunity examples below, and choose the one (or more!) that best fits your game plan.
Is your schedule packed but you still want to root on Team Physiatry?
Your voice is important, lend it when you can. Volunteer examples include:
- Be a #PMRAdvocate by responding to AAPM&R Advocacy Action Center alerts
- Contribute on PhyzForum
- Share your voice on surveys
- Nominate for awards and recognition
Ready to take on a leg of the relay for Team Physiatry?
You can volunteer in short, impactful bursts! Volunteer examples include:
- Participate in a focus group
- Review PM&R journal articles and abstracts
- Submit a session or Community proposal
- Submit an abstract for the Annual Assembly
- Become an abstract reviewer
Able to tack-on additional mileage?
You’re needed on long-term runs with Team Physiatry! Volunteer examples include:
- Represent the Academy as a liaison
- Progress strategic initiatives though committee, workgroup, and taskforce charges
- Become a faculty member
Already a Team Physiatry player and ready for more of a commitment?
Coaches are needed for a variety of Academy initiatives. Volunteer examples include:
- Lead our BOLD mission and vision as a board member
- Serve as a committee chair
- Mentor early-career physiatrists