STEP Stands for Skills, Training, Evaluation and Performance
AAPM&R's highly-regarded STEP Certificate Programs are designed by physiatrists, for physiatrists. The STEP Certificate Programs are multi-tiered training programs that teach and assess important physiatric skills using a progressive, competency-based curriculum. Participants move through a series of steps, completing each component through a combination of online and live learning formats. Participants who complete all of the required steps will earn a Certificate of Completion.
Successful completion of a STEP Certificate Program will clearly demonstrate to your patients, fellow health care professionals, employers, and the medical facilities you work with that you are a competent, expertly trained professional.
When you earn a STEP Program Certificate, you:
- Represent the highest standard in the field
- Communicate a commitment to patient care and safety
- Enhance your career opportunities
- Gain visibility and credibility in the field
- Reassure patients and employers that you are committed to excellence